Light Assist Retrofit

Hi sebulbus

09 CENTRAL ELECTRICS 07 CODING LONG CODE HELPER

ASSISTANCE DRIVING LIGHT _ LEAVING HOME ACTIVE BYTE 0 BIT 5 (TICKED)

COMING HOME ACTIVE BYTE 0 BIT 7 (TICKED)

COMING HOME MODE VIA _ BYTE 2 BIT 4 (0 = PERSONALISATION / 1 = LIGHTSENSOR)

09 CENTRAL ELECRICS 10 ADAPTATION

CHANNEL 01 RANGE 10 - 60 SECONDS (RESOLUTION 10 SECONDS)

CHANNEL 02 RANGE 10 - 60 SECONDS (RESOLUTION 10 SECONDS)

HTH :thumbup:

Craig.......

Bump. Can anybody tell me how to go about changing the coming home interval on a car without light sensor or rain sensing wipers?

Had these enabled, but they seem to stay on for 90 seconds, which is way too much for what I need, also annoying neighbors.

I can gain access to a VAGcom for a very limited time, so I might not have the time to get into each corner and look for the setting.

You don't have maxidot? Just the 1/2 screen green middle display?

• 2 weeks later...

i activated today CH/LH and is not working.

On 2 cars ....1 works only LH and at the second car works only LH

one of the car si octavia 2005 without maxidot, the second car is jetta 2008 without maxidot.

What can be the causes...?

i set x to LH and CH but i do not understand what means

''COMING HOME MODE VIA _ BYTE 2 BIT 4 (0 = PERSONALISATION / 1 = LIGHTSENSOR) ''

from factory this bit is set on or of? , because i tried to activate and deactivate it but i do not detected any change////

anoyher question:

what can i do to set this to ok, the dealer didn-t know, i only changed the spring to lower one ...Thursday,11,December,2008,19:47:32:59303

VAG-COM Version: Release 704.1

Address 55: Xenon Range

Control Module Part Number: 1T0 907 357

Component and/or Version: Dynamische LWR 0002

Software Coding: 0000008

Work Shop Code: WSC 73430

1 Fault Found:

01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted

005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

Edited by gabi2004

• 1 month later...

Hi guys...sorry to drag this one up again. I just recently retrofitted a maxidot to a car that rolled off the production line in sept '07. LH and AH isnt coming up in the menu under 'comfort and lighting'. If I enable this feature using vag com will it come up from then on as an option in the menu or will it just be set and only adjustable in the future via vag com?

Hi guys...sorry to drag this one up again. I just recently retrofitted a maxidot to a car that rolled off the production line in sept '07. LH and AH isnt coming up in the menu under 'comfort and lighting'. If I enable this feature using vag com will it come up from then on as an option in the menu or will it just be set and only adjustable in the future via vag com?

You need to activate the CH/LH function with Vag-Com first. After that it will show in Maxidot.

Maxidot doesn't bring up any new features automatically, it only shows the adjustments for the already activated features. These feature activations have to be done with Vag-Com.

• 3 months later...
The led's are SMD components in both switches and the swap DOES NOT WORK. It doesn't light up the green leds at all.....Odd as both have the same current, voltage and front resistor specifications.

When you say it doesn't light them up, do you mean at all, or they are dim?

LEDs are commonly powered via PWM outputs, otherwise even though they may have the same electrical characterisitics, they often won't have the same light output characteristics.

Therefore a red LED might require a different PWM mark:space ratio to achieve the same light level as a green LED, even though it's electrical characteristics might be similar.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys. Been away a long time, but as one of the "ordered light assist but it didn't turn up" owners, massively pleased to here it is possible to get the feature working.

The stealer had a go back when, fitted the correct switch, but could get the auto on off. Learnt to live with it to be honest, but now I know it is possible will give it a go.

I note that it might simply be a case of just connecting the wire up if I already have "the purple" wire. Trouble is I am not mechanically minded AT ALL, and don't even know where to begin to look. The instructions refer to the driver side knee panel. Where is that? Is it the side panel with the fuses behind? If not, where is it and how do I access it?

APologies for the REALLY stupid question!

The knee panel is the large panel under the steering column that goes all the way from knee height to the vents in the footwell. You get acces to the screws by removing the fuse cover (there are a couple of screws behind this), and also removing the two silver bits of trim either side of the steering wheel. The trim on the right is removed by first removing and disconnecting the headlight switch, and then prizing away the silver strip with a flat tool such as a screwdriver or knife. The piece on the left of the steering wheel just requires prizing away using a screwdriver. They are both held in with a couple of metal clips if I remember correctly. There are a couple of screws at the bottom of the panel too which don't have covers on. Once all the screws are removed you may still need to give the top of the panel a bit of a tug outwards as there are some tabs at the top of the panel that hold it in position even after screws are removed.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI

Anyone wanting to do this on a FL on e controller box its the BIG Black connector labelled "A" and its Pin 20.

Light switch is the same!

BIG Nick :)

Hi, I bought the tunnel-light switch and have fitted as per the excellent instructions previously posted - I have a FL elegance with rain(light) sensor etc so assumed this would be fairly straight-forward (and fitting was using Big Nick's advice above). The switch when on tunnel mode activates the lights the same as for dipped head-lights - so off I went to Ben at Shark Performance who kindly activated CH/LH lights through VAGCOM, however he couldn't identify where to activate the auto light sensor, and the CH/LH (although activated and ticked in maxidot) are not working - the CH will work if I flick the full beam on with the ignition off with the light switch in either tunnel or dipped mode. The LH does not work at all.

Have we missed something in VAGCOM? Can anybody help? I feel so close - yet so far with this project!

• 2 months later...

Hi, I bought the tunnel-light switch and have fitted as per the excellent instructions previously posted - I have a FL elegance with rain(light) sensor etc so assumed this would be fairly straight-forward (and fitting was using Big Nick's advice above). The switch when on tunnel mode activates the lights the same as for dipped head-lights - so off I went to Ben at Shark Performance who kindly activated CH/LH lights through VAGCOM, however he couldn't identify where to activate the auto light sensor, and the CH/LH (although activated and ticked in maxidot) are not working - the CH will work if I flick the full beam on with the ignition off with the light switch in either tunnel or dipped mode. The LH does not work at all.

Have we missed something in VAGCOM? Can anybody help? I feel so close - yet so far with this project!

any update, me 2 wants to buy the auto switch and fit it in the octavia 2010 FL.

please advice

This is what you should have as these are from my car that i have just checked for you. My car is a 1Z0

Ensure these two options are selected

Screenshot2010-12-20at151718.png

Then in the Byte 2 you should have this. Ensure no tick and then don't forget to press exit

Screenshot2010-12-20at151735.png

Finally in the Empty white box in this screenshot you will have a new code if anything is altered. Ensure you click Do it and you will get a small pop up saying "Coding Accepted"

Screenshot2010-12-20at151801.png

If the coding isn't the same as above then without looking i'm not sure. Sorry :)

This post from vrsCarl was in the CH/LH lights on Octavia II 1Z thread, I would guess you need to tick the box for them to work on the light sensor

Ian

Edited by countryboy

• 1 month later...

It's similar but not exact the FL has the options in different bytes and there is more to choose from

BIG Nick :)

For the FL, please tell me how to Disassemble the conncetor that connects into the back of the switch (to terminat the wire in PIN 2)

Edited by ahmedtaha7

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2008 MY Octavia with both rain sensing wipers and auto dim mirror (all work fine). Just tried installing auto/tunnel lights using the correct replacement switch and repair wires and when in the auto position the lights remain on all the time. Given that the CH – LH home functions correctly (only when dark) and I was getting the 12v from the extra wire out of the switch, I am now baffled.

If anyone has any ideas as to what I should to try next, I would be very grateful