Front Aero Wipers....again!!

Wabey

Hey all,

Have done a search, and looked at a few threads from the past as to the answer to the Front Aero Wiper replacement. It would seem that Renault wipers fit, from the Megane or the Scenic mk1, and I was wondering which would be the best to go for, as I plan to purchase some today...all being well.

Part no; 77 11 236 179 for Scenic I

Fitted mine about 7mths ago, Work well but the o/s misses at the top of it's sweep and the end cap taps the A pillar. Could just be me but fore warned and all that!

Mine lifts off the screen slightly by the a pillar so I have no issues there... and it wipes fine. maybe they aren't bending to suit the screen very well?

My driver's side aero catches the A-pillar also. Wonder if the driver's side arm can be adjusted slightly?

But yeah, overall - a great mod :thumbup: Improved looks, and efficiency. Can't ask for much more :)

Steve

I had to move the arm down a notch on the spline to stop the OS wiper catching the A-pillar.

Does anyone else have any problems with wiper lift at motorway speed? I find that there's some water left on the screen especially after a wash-wipe.

If they are lifteing at the A pillar bend the end of the blade a dit (they have a metal brace moulded into them so can be "shaped" slightly. Don't go too much though or they will lift off on other parts of the screen. I have aero wipers on all three cars and have had to bend all of them slightly to get a full wipe across the entire screen as each screen shape varies.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at getting some flat wipers, now I'm doing more motorway miles each day.

Upgrades seem to be a choice of Bosch or Valeo (latter being slightly more expensive).

Any particular advantage with the Valeo set ? Think Auto Express rated them as best ?

Thanks in advance.