Fog Light Replacement / Bulb Replacement

tjdixon911

Just had my car serviced and was told one of the bulbs have gone, also have a cracked fog light which I'm not too fussed about, anyway they told me the only way to replace the bulb is to take the bumper off, seems a bit excessive to me.... Is there an easier way? When I hit a pheasant the fog light housing came un clipped from the bumper, can these be removed without taking the bumper off?

Thanks

Tom

It is a bumper off job but it is fairly easy to do.

I think there is a guide on here somewhere. Changing bulbs and anything to do with those lights is better and more easily done with the bumper on a cloth on the ground.

Just don't forget to unclip the cables to the foglights and to a sensor on the front nearside.

I've changed my foglight bulbs a number of times without taking off the bumper, albeit not without cutting my finger, dropping retaining springs, cursing, swearing, breaking clips etc. Tbh I think it would be easier just to take the bumper off in hindsight.

Fog light can be replaced without removing the bumper... My mechanic managed it by taking the head light unit out. Still a pretty long job though - such a stupid design. And they're expensive ~ £40/£50

The other fog light cracked about a week later...grrrr

Haven't bothered to replace it - to be honest in 2 years of owning the car the fog lights could only have been used 2 or 3 times and even then they are pretty rubbish

Fog light can be replaced without removing the bumper... My mechanic managed it by taking the head light unit out. Still a pretty long job though - such a stupid design. And they're expensive ~ £40/£50

The other fog light cracked about a week later...grrrr

Haven't bothered to replace it - to be honest in 2 years of owning the car the fog lights could only have been used 2 or 3 times and even then they are pretty rubbish

I assume front fogs not working will not cause the car to fail the MOT? If so I won't bother doing anything with them.... It seems an expensive bulb replacement!

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the Bulb last week, overall (excluding the time it took to go and buy the Bulb from the local accessory shop) it took about 10minutes!

All I did was pull the Fog light housing out, this enabled me to get my hand round the back of the light to pull the light housing out and change the bulb! fairly simple! Suprised Skoda didn't know how to do that!!

The Fog light itself looked a little more tricky but I'll just leave the cracked one on there for now!

Sounds like what I did to replace the entire unit on my wife's Comfy (different design). Not tried it on my vRS, but it's be sensible if it was the same principle... :confused:

The VRS is a different kettle of fish to the TDI

the TDI you just pull the black vents out of the bumper as if to fit the towinig eye

The VRS I do not have a clue yet as not had to do it, the Haynes manual is vague to say the least

National