Skoda Audience Installation

Hey all,

I've finally recently acquired a Skoda Audience head unit! Model number AA0 600 003.

Currently I've got a MP3 Stream unit. I hoping the installation of the headunit should be a simple swap over.

However I'll be needing someone to Vag-Com the new headunit in so I get all the nice little features.

Aux in, parking sensor display, MF wheel, etc.

Anyone close to Stockport to lend a hand?

Cheers

Vim

I don't know as you'll need much in the way of VAG-COM unless the Audiance previously had the external amp in which case the headunit may be coded for that and you'll get no sound from the speakers.

Other than that the rest should be as per the stream. SW buttons are driven by the steering wheel control unit.

Only other thing I can think of is CD changer coding.

Mr Fluffmeister might be your man for the jiggery pokery.

I've noticed there are 2 serial numbers for the Audience head unit. (mines the older one not listed in the Skoda Accessories)

Do you know if that means one pre aux input and post aux input.

I've contacted The Fluffmeister and he's not around for a week or so. Just going to plug it all in and see what functions I get.

Ok headunit is all installed :) No need for any Jiggery Pokery! Plugged straight in. However the head unit won't play from the Aux socket as there is no options on the head unit to select Aux.

I didn't try changing the pins, as the option for the external CD player is not working either, so lost my aux and CD changer.

Not too much of a big deal, as I got 6 disc changer in the front that plays all MP3's :)

I think the audience sounds far better than the stream. The car I test drove had the stream, and I wasnt really impressed and would have changed it, if I had bought the car. Instead I bought one with an Audience HU, and even through the standard 8 speakers it sounds good.

Make sure that the Aux in, is enabled in the HU menu. I cant remember where it is, but mine has it.

There is no option on the HU, So assume I can't have Aux.

There are two versions of the Audience, I think the newer one has the option for Aux...but i could be wrong.

Whats the S/N for you head unit?

Not sure on the serial number, but my car is a 2005. However its the second Audience HU, it was changed under warranty when I bought the car because the parking sensor display didnt work.