Fault code 000665

L&KDET

Hi everyone, I was driving to the shop this morning, when I noticed I had no boost. I have a Octavia 2 2.0Tdi L&K DSG with 8000 miles. I plugged in my Ross Tech cable and got this fault log:

000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached

P0299 - 000 - -

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 01110000

Fault Priority: 0

Fault Frequency: 1

Mileage: 13100 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2000.00.00

Time: 10:43:15

Freeze Frame:

RPM: 2541 /min

Speed: 79.0 km/h

Load: 90.6 %

Voltage: 14.67 V

Bin. Bits: 00101000

Absolute Pres.: 2315.4 mbar

Absolute Pres.: 1213.8 mbar

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

I have worked out this is intermitant and had a good poke around under the bonnet. I have found a small pipe that goes into a box with other pipes going in that's located on the bulkhead just to the left of the battery box. The pipe is labled no 9. I unfortunatly don't have any diagrams, or know where the other end of the pipe should lead to, but I'm confident this is my problem! I am taking it to the dealers but they are German, so the more info I can get myself, the better! Anyone got any info on this pipe?

Cheers Charlie

It's split but there is a clip, to join it to another pipe, think it clips onto the plastic intake pipe @ the top rear of the engine, its only a small pipe, like a senseing pipe or like u say N75, but I can't see the other end, it does go down the way of the turbo, but like I say, not sure what the box with other pipes is. All I know is it's labeled 9.

Also once I switch off the engine it cures it for a while, could this be it?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Cheers Stu, I am going to try take it to the local skoda dealer tom see if they can sort it, as I have to get to work ASAP, hopefully it will be a quick fix or hopefully I can still drive it untill I can get a repair done. Cheers Stu

Stu you are a star, I was a little wrong, Its is actually P6 the one that is split? So I take it thats probably what is causing the problem, I can't see where the pipe goes or I would try fix it to get me to work, don't want to dammage it more! cheers

Hmpf... yeah, but I totally missed the fact that we were talking about a 2.0l TDI and not TFSI here. :(

Did some more background checks and besides a faulty wiring (which causes a too high internal resistance), the ECU software might be another cause too - at least a software update is mentioned in combination with this code. So IMHO it doesn't hurt to check that too, if in doubt post some more details like the exact control module identification from your ECU.

Well I got it fixed today, of course it was that pipe, P6, it turns out that out here in Germany there is a kinda mouse that just loves them for tea, and mine was on his menu!! very common so you should put that one to the Wiki!!! you could see the bite marks on the tube, and worst of all it's not covered on warranty, good job the mouse got full on one pipe!

52 euro so not too bad, I would have done it myself, but language barrier and the thought I was getting it done on warranty, but I know for the future, and a little more knowledge into my VAG brain!! Cheers again.