Newbie with a boost/oil leak ?

labviewer

Hi

I've had my 06 Fabia VRS for 3K of it's 5.5K life after a string of unreliable vedubs. So far, well impressed. However I was having a nose under the hood on Sunday and noticed the boost pipe down the left side of the engine is leaking a small amount of oil (where it meets the flexi hose to the intercooler). I'm not too bothered about the oil as I know the breather system is closed loop but should I be worried about a possible boost leak ? Are problems with these pipes commons (any good aftermarket replacements?)

I'm new to these cars so mabe I'm being paranoid ?

Cheers for any advie

Chris

If I am following correctly thats the hose that comes out of the top of the intercooler and is the feed into the engine? How much oil would you expect to see in there in the first place? There must be a fair amount if its leaking out of the actual pipe fitting...:confused: I am guessing that oil would be coming from the seals in the turbo? Is it normal to get abit of leakage?

if the hose is the bottom one that can be seen in the cut out under the front bumper, then some oil there is normal and nothing to worry about , also when the pipe is not under pressure the seal relaxes slightly , hence the slight misting of oil , when under boost there will not be a leak ,

if you had a boost leak , you would certainly know about it

this is perfectly normal,most look like that, I ran my vRS for 80k , and the boost pipe looked like that... never had to top it up with oil... never had an engine/turbo problem, I did need a new EGR valve though (as have many others) when it started leaking oil, check it out at the top back of the engine..

as fo boost leaks (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe the way the clips and pipes work, they only "seal" when under pressure :) however, they do have a habbit of blowing off boost pipes...

edit: just realised ric said most of that :thumbup:

if the hose is the bottom one that can be seen in the cut out under the front bumper, then some oil there is normal and nothing to worry about , also when the pipe is not under pressure the seal relaxes slightly , hence the slight misting of oil , when under boost there will not be a leak ,

if you had a boost leak , you would certainly know about it

I have.....flat as a t*rd trying to pullk away. fixing over crimbo hopefully!!!