Pollen Filter in Octy mk 2

:confused:So, on the Octy we have a pollen filter, ours is on a 55 plate Elegance,so why do we get a lot of white dust on the seats and dash and so on?.We have the black interior seats and i have never had so much bits floating around, surely the filter must stop this, its had its first service and should imagine this would have been done . Any idea chaps?.

:confused:So, on the Octy we have a pollen filter, ours is on a 55 plate Elegance,so why do we get a lot of white dust on the seats and dash and so on?.We have the black interior seats and i have never had so much bits floating around, surely the filter must stop this, its had its first service and should imagine this would have been done . Any idea chaps?.

You don't have any side affects do you? such as being high as a kite? this white stuff sounds suspicious

definatly in the passenger footwell mate.pull back the foam and slide the cover and remove the filter.:)

That sounds right mate, thanks. I spent about half an hour looking under the bonnet for the stupid yoke...

Thanks for all the replies lads...once again....great site :)

Working in the passenger footwell, looking behind the glovebox, towards the front of the car, remove this:

dsc00312fg9.th.jpg

by unscrewing the two plastic screws, then pulling it back from under the glovebox hinge area (it flexes a little).

Then remove this:

dsc00313nh6.th.jpg

by sliding it to one side.

Now pull out this:

dsc00311qi3.th.jpg

and keep it away from your face, discard it in a zip lock bag asap.

And fit a new one:

dsc00314or6.th.jpg

Put car back together, and you're done.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
I think it is under the scuttle panel under the windscreen.

I think so too, but how I can get that scuttle panel off,so I be able to change pollen filter?

My car is right hand drive and it is not under glove box, becouse there is heater motor..

I think so too, but how I can get that scuttle panel off,so I be able to change pollen filter?

My car is right hand drive and it is not under glove box, becouse there is heater motor..

No on the MK II it is under the glove box, I've changed mine and others many time, even with the full climatronic.

The pictures above detail it very well. The reason I said under the skuttle initially was because I thought it was a MK I not a MK II Octy.

No, it actually was under the scuttle panel just under the windscreen. You can see it when bonet is open, You just have to take that panel off very carefully and it is very easy to change, I just did it.:thumbup: