Sound Proofing the Octavia Estate

My Octvia Estate does have quite alot of road noise. Ive used Dynamat Extreme in my old Fabia Vrs with good effect but its ridiculousy expensive.

eDead Original (& Eliminator version) seems alot cheaper and appear to be much the same. Plus it looks alot neater beacuse its not covered in logos like the Dynamat stuff.

eDaudio.com

However I am trying to find out how the two sorts of eDead differ in performance etc and how they campare with Dynamat Extreme.

Can anyone offer any advise?

I was going to use quite alot and do the whole of the boot floor and inner rear wings.

The thing is, this type of sound deadening is great for reducing panel vibrations, e.g. for when you have a subwoofer, but its not really going to reduce road/tyre/exhaust/engine noise very well - its not what its designed for.

I too am looking to improve the sound deadening in the boot of the octavia, but really you need a heavy felt/foam type material that absorbs sound...

Just my thoughts.

Also, I bought a massive roll of BrownBread for under £100 delivered, and its done 2 ICE installs, and I have over half the roll left - this will be used on the door skins to give better bass response from the speakers, and reduce vibrations too. :)