Wheel spacers and black roofs?

JCW

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude i love u lol. that looks sooooo awsome.

can i ask were you got that sheet of vinyl from? im having trouble getting my hands on some.... was it not the hardest thing in world to do?

i get it from my supplier :P

goto a signmakers and buy a few metres, if done in 610mm width material you will need 3m in length, 1.5m for each side.

not extremely hard to do, remove the roof aerial from the underside of the roof, use plenty of water with a bit of soap in it when applying the film, lots of care and a heat gun to tuck in the edges and get it to stick. also a sharp blade for trimming is essential.

it really goes well with black wheels in my opinion, i still have my pillars to do to blend everything in, will do that after my car gets dropped tonight so it should be in its final visual state by tomorrow and i'll get some good pictures up :D

it really goes well with black wheels in my opinion, i still have my pillars to do to blend everything in, will do that after my car gets dropped tonight so it should be in its final visual state by tomorrow and i'll get some good pictures up :D

How much do you take to do the roof? As I am just through in Glasgow......;)

i get it from my supplier :P

goto a signmakers and buy a few metres, if done in 610mm width material you will need 3m in length, 1.5m for each side.

not extremely hard to do, remove the roof aerial from the underside of the roof, use plenty of water with a bit of soap in it when applying the film, lots of care and a heat gun to tuck in the edges and get it to stick. also a sharp blade for trimming is essential.

did u use 2 sheets? do u not see a split down the middle were the two sheets meet? or if over lap will it not be very noticable. i cant find any1 that will make a sheet big enough. Although my mate no's of a guy that can do me a sheet that size but it'll be £50 is that a good price? im kinda scared to do it incase i screw up

did u use 2 sheets? do u not see a split down the middle were the two sheets meet? or if over lap will it not be very noticable. i cant find any1 that will make a sheet big enough. Although my mate no's of a guy that can do me a sheet that size but it'll be £50 is that a good price? im kinda scared to do it incase i screw up

i use two sheets, yes there is an overlap that you can see but its nothing too bad, you only see it close up and its just a straight line down the middle.

you can get vinyl thats wide enough to do it in one piece but with the curves of the roof means the material would be a nightmare to work with and something i tried to do before and gave up, although that was a new fabia roof which i swore i'll never try again.:rofl:

£50 is a good price if fitted, if supply only, thats robbery! i've been charging £60 for mine :thumbup: