Wheel spacers and black roofs?

JCW

IS the pic in your sig a PS mate?

If not it looks sweet!

if you mean this pic:

Keith-vrs.jpg

it was taken by adray-m on this site, the car has changed slightly since this picture was taken on thursday but not much :thumbup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

na sorry i dont do windows at all, i use a local company for that, a quick search on google for tinting should find someone in your area unless anyone on here has recommendations.

I've got to say again Keith the car is stunning, really taking progress now.

you should do your roof black :P

i'm considering trying the side stripes you have on my car as the bodywork is sticker-free now except a little briskoda one on the tailgate.

na sorry i dont do windows at all, i use a local company for that, a quick search on google for tinting should find someone in your area unless anyone on here has recommendations.

It's ok I know someone who can do them, just thought you might've been a bit cheaper :P

No worries!

Love the car think it looks really nice.

If only my car wasnt black... would consider doing my roof.!!

Can anyone photoshop a silver roof onto my car?

If you do get that photoshop pic of the silver roof, put it up, would like to see what a silver roof looks like on a black car.?

michael

i use two sheets, yes there is an overlap that you can see but its nothing too bad, you only see it close up and its just a straight line down the middle.

you can get vinyl thats wide enough to do it in one piece but with the curves of the roof means the material would be a nightmare to work with and something i tried to do before and gave up, although that was a new fabia roof which i swore i'll never try again.:rofl:

£50 is a good price if fitted, if supply only, thats robbery! i've been charging £60 for mine :thumbup:

that was just supply only for a large sheet. Its nearly impossible to see that u have used two pieces on urs. i can get 610mm quite cheap is that the right choice? And then i think u said 3m in length so 1.5m for each side. when u say that you should use plenty of soap and water do you mean that u spray the roof and then aply the vinyl to a wet roof? sorry if that question is extremly stupid just didnt understand why because you no the way stickers dont stick to anything wet so i was just assuming vinyl would be the same

cheers for all the help on this one mate and you car is looking stunning. i reckon its the nicest fabia iv seen so far. its a real credit to you

that was just supply only for a large sheet. Its nearly impossible to see that u have used two pieces on urs. i can get 610mm quite cheap is that the right choice? And then i think u said 3m in length so 1.5m for each side. when u say that you should use plenty of soap and water do you mean that u spray the roof and then aply the vinyl to a wet roof? sorry if that question is extremly stupid just didnt understand why because you no the way stickers dont stick to anything wet so i was just assuming vinyl would be the same

cheers for all the help on this one mate and you car is looking stunning. i reckon its the nicest fabia iv seen so far. its a real credit to you

thank you :cool:

yeah the way i do it is two strips of 610mm film, a spray bottle with water and and 2 or 3 'drops' of something like fairy liquid, i use an industrial product but its the same thing really, i say drops because too much soap will cause you major sticking issues and no soap at all means it will stick too much and not give you the play you need.

i spray the roof entirely after cleaning and removing the ariel, then roll one section along the first half of the roof, once your sure its straight use an applicator to squeeze the water out and apply the film properly, the middle parts are easy and self explanitory really, the edges of the roof you have to take more care on..

for the back i overlap the film onto the spoiler then slice neatly down the roof line where it meets the tailgate, use the applicator to try and force the film down the side channels of the roof and slice running the blade along the plastic runner, this should give you 2 or 3mm to tuck inbetween the plastic and the roof leaving a neat finish,

the front is way more tricky, tuck the film in behind the top of the windscreen as far as you can where you can see the rubber, when cutting this try run as close to the rubber as possible or you will have bits of the car colour inbetween the roof and the window, that part is very tricky and i havent perfected it on mine yet but you can only see these bits up close.

you may find a hot air gun to be very useful in heating the film to stick round the edges, if you dont have one then yes you may be right about having sticking issues.

hope that is clear enough.

now repeat on the other side :D

It's ok, i just forgot my digi camera.

I wouldn't waste your batteries taking pics of my $hit heap ! :D

Anyways...here's the fronts now.

22072008901.jpg

that looks pretty good, how are they with clearance at the tops of the arches, are the still tucked into so they would hit the arch liners or would they hit the wings themselves (if your car was lowered all the way down)

It's going to be a bit tight once it's dropped again Keith.

I may have to look at 10mm spacers,(i've actually got the spacers up for sale anyway) as i rekon it'll hit the wing if i dumped it as it is.

You can see it better on this side.

22072008903.jpg

It's going to be a bit tight once it's dropped again Keith.

I may have to look at 10mm spacers,(i've actually got the spacers up for sale anyway) as i rekon it'll hit the wing if i dumped it as it is.

You can see it better on this side.

22072008903.jpg

are those the standard vrs alloys????????