millers diesel power sport 4. will it damage pd engine?

mikejay

millers diesel power sport 4, anyone used it on there vrs? was thinkin of gettin some. will it do any damage on the pd engine?

I've used it religiously and generously for a long time. I reckon 15 to 20 litres of the stuff has gone through my engine since I started using it. No issues. :)

Devonutopia (& others), do you folks run this all the time or just on occasions (track days, etc)?

I presume most of you are using it with a higher brand fuel?

I've been using Asda's diesel with Millers Diesel Power Sport 4, didn't really see many benefits from it. Didn't feel any more poke...neither did i see any benefit from mpg.

I'm using it religiously with the cheapest fuel I can find. I think because my car was mapped on normal diesel, it runs better on it. Never seen a benefit. So any time I go to the pump, usually around 60ml (A generous dash anyway, never accurately measured :D) gets chucked in the tank along with the 40 to 45 litres of diesel. :)

I have used it with Tesco's and Asda's fuel, no noticeable difference in MPG, running or smoke.

It does however make SHMBO's engine run quieter (Fiesta TDCi)

10-20 down sounds wrong, certainly never seen that on any other cars.

Yes, I was suprised as well. I'd previously used BP Ultimate but changed to normal BP diesel with the Millers. I've only used it in 3 tank fulls so far but the mpg on all 3 tanks is 10 - 20 miles down on the BP Ultimate :confused:. Last weekend I had a good run on the motorway to VW Festival, on top of my normal drive, but still only just managed to get over 400 miles out of the tank.

Another one for Millers Diesel Sport 4 here.

Starting to smooth out my standard 1.9 VAG block now, but it's still early days (11K)

However, I used it in the previous 1.9 (TDI PD 130) - remapped to 176-197bhp ish, double dose of Millers, Shell Diesel Extra.........now that was an absolute scream :)

No damage at all (unless you count the frontal impact......:o)