Recommended servicing within 45mins of Milton Keynes ?

Fabpreza

The Octavia is coming up to 40k soon and if I keep it (running company car as well), it will need the major service.Trouble is, I need a recommended, reasonably priced Skoda dealer to do it ! Since my last service :-

- Forward Motors Luton closed down (They were great for me)

- Northampton lost/gave up the franchise

- Ampthill is now becoming a Daihatsu dealer

- Pilling opening in Milton Keynes but bound to a)Know little; b)Be expensive

I'm prepared to travel 45mins from MK, so WHO do you recommend ?!?!?

Rob

I swear by my dealer, They picked up quiet a lot of business since forward closed. located in stevenage so just bordering on 45 mins. If you are on fixed servicing I believe they have a menu price structure.

Thanks Manny

I'll give them a call and ask for a price.

I will always travel to a dealer that knows what its doing and isn't over the top on price. With my Impreza there were 2 closer dealers but I used to go to Fenny Compton, north of Banbury (1hr+) as the staff never changed and they had the experience. They've recently had to change to Kia due to mega investment required from International Motors / Subaru.

Are they normally ok on price / leadtime to book in / loan cars ?

Rob

Thanks - I'd noticed WJH as well after going on the Skoda website.

I'll call them both on Monday and see who has the best deal.

Interestingly, there are a number of Authorised Repairers (without the sales franchise) but presumably warranty-compliant for servicing.

Rob,

Im will be working as a technician at Pilling Skoda in Milton Keynes as of the week after next :)

So not only will you have a Briskodian in the workshop we will also be offering lots to new customers when we open to entice buisness.

And dont think because we are new we wont know alot, aside from myself we also have two other time served VAG trained Skoda technicians.

Give us a chance, we wont dissapoint.

Cheers

Ross

Pilling Skoda Milton Keynes

Rob' date='

Im will be working as a technician at Pilling Skoda in Milton Keynes as of the week after next :) Give us a chance, we wont dissapoint.

Cheers

Ross

Pilling Skoda Milton Keynes[/quote']

Ross

That's good to know. Normally you end up playing guinea-pig when visiting a new franchise !

When is the official opening date as the showroom site still had the boards around it tonight ? I need to have it serviced by 6th August (12 months).

Rob

• 3 weeks later...
Indeed they do. Looks like theres alot of choice around these parts :)

need mine serviced shortly, wient to mk the sign says "opening spring 2004"??? isnt it now summer?

anyway when are they opening. hopefully in time for my 3rd varible service (so a small one) how much is this gonna cost me?

Pilling 'should' be open by next month if all goes to plan.

They had some problems with a building contractor by all accounts which caused the delay. But it full steam ahead now and looking good. Im pretty sure it will be the largest Skoda dealer/showroom in the country when its done.

There are a few good dealers in this area (shame Tavistock motors lost Skoda) so there will be plenty to choose from which means good deals to attract customers I would think.

There's one in Bedford recently opened - mines being serviced there on Thursday :)

01234 365683 - WJH Motors

bought my first car from WJH motors of bedford, 130 rapid coupe C616RRP.

april 1986.

is it still on the same site.

wonder what ever happened to the old beast.

sold in 1993ish for

Skoda Uk were stupid to let forward go. best dealership around for miles i know people who came from wales to get there car serviced and maintained there. yes they were relatives and used to stay the night with me but it just goes to show how good they were. My relatives swore a lot when i told them (well i think they did but i struggle to understand the accent)

hope pilling Mk will be as good.