Tyres..Whats best?

Hi Gang

Noticed that my vRS understeers more than some of my Fast fords of past. Just wonder if its a grip problem?

If so than the Conties seem very hard, anyone tried anything else (Toyo) and if so was it an improvment?...........I am looking for grip not mileage.

Cheers

Mike

And oh' date=' if you want to dial out understeer in a FWD car I'd look at suspension first.

Or swap it for a Civic Type-R... ;)[/quote']

Yep swap it for a Type-R!!!

Goodyears(GSD3) will help a lot. Used the GSD2 b4 and grip was fantastic.

I'm currently running Bridgestone S-03 and they dont understeer much.

Don't touch the Falken ZE-512 with a bargepole. Had them on my Mini and they wore out faster than anything else i hav tried!!! Also shocking wet grip, nearly understeered into a ditch at a roundabout! Also the shoulders are very soft causing them to roll over onto the sidewall when cornering hard. DON'T TOUCH THEM!

And oh' date=' if you want to dial out understeer in a FWD car I'd look at suspension first.

Or swap it for a Civic Type-R... ;)[/quote']

Well an Integra Type R maybe..... :D.The limited Slip Diff gives it truly Astounding levels of cornering ability both in the dry and(crucially...unlike the Civic Type R)in the wet ;)

Hi Gang

Noticed that my vRS understeers more than some of my Fast fords of past. Just wonder if its a grip problem?

If so than the Conties seem very hard' date=' anyone tried anything else (Toyo) and if so was it an improvment?...........I am looking for grip not mileage.

Cheers

Mike[/quote']

toyo proxies or yokohama AVS sport

I'd go for some Kumho V700 in either a medium or probably a hard compound. They are about the same price as road tyres, but once warm they stick like the brown stuff to a blanket. Recommend Tyres Southshore as a supplier (they're in Blackpool). They can also get you Michelin Pilot Cup, P Zero Corsas and the new Toyo trackday tyres. Be warned though, these tyres do not last well, probably 4-5 k max, are exceedingly dodgy if you hit standing water but are absolutely awesome in terms of the grip they provide. Kumhos and Dunlop D01J are about

I've just had two conti sport contact 2's on the front of mine & i like them. Slightly higher load rating (93 instead of 89) than the dunlops that were on it, so seems the have less roll in the bends & therefore handles better...!!! well, thats my opinion anyway & i'm sticking to it! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm with the Goodyear GSD3 crowd - well impressed compared to the Contisports it came with. Initially seemed a much firmer, noisier ride but once they wore in a bit that disappeared. In fact, having only put them on about 3000 miles ago I'm wondering if the dealer will swop them onto a new vRS if I decide to go for one next week!