Vrs exhaust/sports cat worth it?

andy1max

Hey everyone im hopefully going to be getting my 2nd octavia vrs Mk1 in the not so distant future. I had a P-torque remap on my last one with no other mods, but we all want more dont we. Im wondering whether its worth an exhaust/sports cat aswell as the remap am i going to feel the difference or is it just gonna be a few more horses that its not really gonna make a difference.

Thanks

Andy

does anybody know:

is it possible to find a sport exhaust that will 'improve performance', but only start to get loud after a certain amount of RPMs (say 3.5k)

I had a full Blueflame system on my last one, and it was nice and quiet low down, and slightly louder at higher revs.

Suited the car perfect.

Although if i were buying now, i'd opt for Milltek. :)

It's not loud even when booting it.

I had a custom exhaust made and found it loud on my car (Downpipe & race cat fitted) and have now sold it and brought another Blueflame for the car.

They have also changed the design and it now comes with a large oval pipe rather than the up swept dtm style.

I had a full Blueflame system on my last one, and it was nice and quiet low down, and slightly louder at higher revs.

Suited the car perfect.

Although if i were buying now, i'd opt for Milltek. :)

Goan, tell us all about it

Ive got the Milltek resonated system on mine and i love it as its only slightly louder than standard.

Only down side is that during the summer months i wish it was louder untill i get on the M1 then i love it again

I do like the Blueflame but wish it was maybe a tad louder, it certainly doesn't annoy me when on the motorway and it only comes to life when you boot it.There is a also a nice burble when on idle. The beauty of a stainless steel exhaust is there is no maintenance cause they don't rust.

I've also got a Miltec turbo back resonated exhaust system fitted to my octy vrs, but its the 2.75" version that jabbasport recommend.

It was expensive..... but IMO worth every penny, and I absolutely love the way it has transformed the looks, sound and performance of the car.

Its been on for 11 months now and it really suits the car well, if you drive steady the exhaust note is fairly subdued with only a deep burble on tick over and a more pronounced turbo whistle that audibly gives the game away that the cars not standard.

But when you start to up the pace it sounds absolutely awesome on the outside..... but without getting to loud or unpleasant in the car.

I've been modding cars for over 20 years now, I can honestly say this is the best exhaust system I have ever bought, its everthing Jabba said it would be and some.

i have a hayward and scott turbo back system laying under my bed waiting to go on(once i have replaced the sheared stud on my turbo) and ill let you know how that feels once its all done. (fingers crossed ill be removing my turbo etc friday)

whats the difference between resonated and non resonated?

resonated = quieter

non resonated = 1 less baffle box and louder

And Yes the full blue flame system and sport cat make a huge difference in driving experience, extra noise nicer looks than the OEM tailpipe and a bit better spool up on the turbo. I loved mine on my old vrs

i Went for a custom 2.5" cat back from longlife and there 200cel cat and it is amazing, when i asked for the cat i thought it would of come with the downpipe too but they used the std one:(

all the same i love mine. I wanted it to look std too and it does almost as its the letter box design, if you want i think they will use the std tail so it look std.

mine has a really nice deep worble on tick over and at low revs when accel and is nice and quiate when cruising at all revs and it makes a nice noise when bootin it.

inside the car it is very quiate and not really noticable till you put foot. they tailor the sound to what you want. I wouldnt mind a DP on thou jus for a bit more noise and less back pressure on the turbo. I am happy for now thou all she needs is a good custom remap to take into account all the mods Ive done as the one on now seems to accel then slow over and over under mid accel.???/

• 2 weeks later...