How to determine the maximum safe power output for an AUQ?

G-slave

Hi

Can somebody technical put my mind at ease?

Consider List of Volkswagen Group petrol engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

where you should find the section labelled

1.8 20VT 110-176kW

In this, you should see the line referring to the AUG engine which was used in Octavia MK1 (e.g. 132 kW (180 PS) @ 5,500 rpm and 235 N·m (173 lbf·ft) @ 1,950-5,000 rpm, available on the VW Golf GTI, Bora/Jetta, New Beetle, Audi A3, A4 and TT, Škoda Octavia RS and SEAT León and Toledo. Engine codes: AWP AUQ)

The next chapter talks about remapping (ah, at last...) and indicate 165 kW can be achieved, OEM

(e.g.165 kW (225 PS) at 5900 rpm, 280 N·m (207 ft·lbf) between 2200 and 5500 rpm; used in the Audi TT and SEAT León Cupra R. This version is built in Győr.)

Q1. Does the AUQ need other internal components to achieve this. Was my AUQ engine built in Győr?

Q2. Do think it is realistic to search for a after-market map for an Octavia MK1 to achieve this?

Q3. well... is it safe for the engine... the usual debate

AUQ engine is good for 340bhp without changing internals... trust me, I had one ;)

A simple remap will get 225bhp out of it without breaking a sweat and is perfectly reliable.

The AUQ is limited by the K03s turbo, which runs out of steam at about 230-240bhp, this power is achievable with a remap, FMIC and intake and exhaust mods.

The 225bhp figures they quote on Wikipedia are from the BAM engine which is in the Audi TT, S3, and Leon Cupra R and has the K04 turbo as well as bigger injectors, intake pipework and other bits.

If you were to remap a K04 equipped 1.8 20vT engine you would probably see about 260-270 bhp (thats based on the quoted remap figures on an Audi S3 by Jabbasport)

IIRC the standard internals on an AUQ could potentially go up to about 300bhp, Des (Delcac) is the man to ask on this one as I believe he has a set of pistons / conrods that gave up the ghost when he got up to the really high levels of power.

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

AUQ engine is good for 340bhp without changing internals... trust me, I had one ;)

A simple remap will get 225bhp out of it without breaking a sweat and is perfectly reliable.

340PS? You'd be bending a piston...(not gay slang)

Edited by G-slave

The AUQ is limited by the K03s turbo, which runs out of steam at about 230-240bhp, this power is achievable with a remap, FMIC and intake and exhaust mods.

The 225bhp figures they quote on Wikipedia are from the BAM engine which is in the Audi TT, S3, and Leon Cupra R and has the K04 turbo as well as bigger injectors, intake pipework and other bits.

If you were to remap a K04 equipped 1.8 20vT engine you would probably see about 260-270 bhp (thats based on the quoted remap figures on an Audi S3 by Jabbasport)

IIRC the standard internals on an AUQ could potentially go up to about 300bhp, Des (Delcac) is the man to ask on this one as I believe he has a set of pistons / conrods that gave up the ghost when he got up to the really high levels of power.

So say AUQ with a K03s and a good map: should achieve 220 bhp then?

Edited by G-slave

:iagree: these claims of 240 are pub talk :)

i ended up with around 200-210 from a 150 1.8t (ARX) with fmic, remap, downpipe, exhaust, bigger tip, cai etc etc. in future i wouldn't bother i would just slap a bigger turbo on it and do whats needed for that :)

i ended up with around 200-210 from a 150 1.8t (ARX) with fmic, remap, downpipe, exhaust, bigger tip, cai etc etc. in future i wouldn't bother i would just slap a bigger turbo on it and do whats needed for that :)

What like a fmic, remap, downpipe, exhaust, bigger tip, cai.......breath in......new manifold, oil and water lines, bigger maf housing, reworked boost pipe, more expensive remap, LAG, etc.

What like a fmic, remap, downpipe, exhaust, bigger tip, cai.......breath in......new manifold, oil and water lines, bigger maf housing, reworked boost pipe, more expensive remap, LAG, etc.

Do these not work on a 1.8T? The 2.0T seems to respond ok with bolt ons:confused:

True, but i thought you can get 200-210bhp with just a remapp the same as the AUQ engine provided it had the ko3s turbo?

That's right but Bengie has got a ARX engine. Besides, 60bhp is not to be sniffed at.

240 is possible from an AUQ engine which is what the OP has. Just needs the same mods you did to your ARX engine plus a good custom remap.

many on here believe the 4x4 has the same internals as the vrs but with different software. I have yet to see a 4x4 match a vrs with a remap and like for like mods. Why is this?

many on here believe the 4x4 has the same internals as the vrs but with different software. I have yet to see a 4x4 match a vrs with a remap and like for like mods. Why is this?

The 4X4 will have more transmission losses and will be a heavier car also.

I thought the engines were the same it was just the map thats different, its the TTs that have different turbo's manifold etc