cupra r splitters how they holding up?

Had mine on for about 6 months scrapped it a couple of times, hit a rabbit and one side was hanging off but luckly not broken! Im lowering my car next week with H&R springs only 20mm but cant help but think the splitter will take a battering! How do you guys running low get on?

I have a full H&R kit, quite low it is, and only had the splitter on about 4 weeks before pulling it off. It was their when i set off for Le Mans but not their when i arrived, lol. No idea at when it fecked off tho, lol.

I have another tho, just not fitted it back on yet :D Looks so good when on, well worth the scrapes. I get loads more noise from my Sump Guard to be honest. Scares the cr@p out of me every time, lol

I have a full H&R kit, quite low it is, and only had the splitter on about 4 weeks before pulling it off. It was their when i set off for Le Mans but not their when i arrived, lol. No idea at when it fecked off tho, lol.

I have another tho, just not fitted it back on yet :D Looks so good when on, well worth the scrapes. I get loads more noise from my Sump Guard to be honest. Scares the cr@p out of me every time, lol

haha! you probably left it jammed on the ferry ramp! they have a ridiculous angle on them....

You can get a steel sump guard for the octavia, if you want one. Available from Skoda. Was used on police spec vRS's I think.

Thats the one i have :D

Dont see why it needs to hang quite so low tho. Its about 3" lower than the sump so it only takes the slightest lump and it makes the most almighty metalic bang throughout the car. Good for scaring mates tho. I once drove directly over a Stella beer bottle on its side (so about 2"-3" inches tall) while pulling into a parking space and it went under my sump guard and smashed, lol. It is silly low but i do enjoy knowing its their rather then have my sump destroyed :)

haha! you probably left it jammed on the ferry ramp! they have a ridiculous angle on them....

You can get a steel sump guard for the octavia, if you want one. Available from Skoda. Was used on police spec vRS's I think.

Yeah i was thinking about one of them but not really sure if i would need one or not. How much are they?

Yeah i was thinking about one of them but not really sure if i would need one or not. How much are they?

About £21 including vat.

I have mine sat in the my garage waiting for me to fit it,it's been in there nearly a year :eek:.

I think you will be ok with one fitted and the H&R springs,just watch out for high curbs when parking.:thumbup:

Part number is:- S1ML805903 Front Spoiler £20.72p plus vat, from any Seat dealer.

They do look good though........

CarLimits2.jpg

Edited by Beretta

Show off!

Car looks very sexy though I must admit.

On another note.... those frigging high kerbs wind me up! My car is standard height, and lets face it, it's no sports car, and it still scrapes and makes a horrid noise and mess of my bumper. I normally make note and avoid, but sometimes when you swing into a new parking space it catches.

Death to the high kerb stone! Long live the pick axe!

I am on my 2nd splitter on standard suspension and my splitter is holding up well due to learning what wrecked the first :finger: I have H&R springs waiting to be fitted and look forward to your findings as I am seriously thinking it will have to go when they are on :mad:

High kerbs are annoying but I am at least aware of them when I park, what really pi$$es me off is speedbumps that are ridiculously angled and too high or both.

You should not have to stop and creep up any speedbumps to avoid damage and should be able to go at least 10 mph in any car and what are those mini humps about??? If they are not designed just to stop lowered cars in there tracks then they really have no purpose :mad:

You are starting to tempt me there Gerry, Christmas is just round the corner too :rubchin:

I'm just really worried about the snow up here on the Yorkshire wolds.

Dont worry Mart, get one fitted to your car, you can then get a job with the local council, and use your car as a snow plough..............LOL

Not crossed wires, as I knew Mart was thinking of getting one, so now he the price and part number, no excuse not to have his wallet removed under anasthetic and buy one..........LOL

Dont worry Mart, get one fitted to your car, you can then get a job with the local council, and use your car as a snow plough..............LOL

Not crossed wires, as I knew Mart was thinking of getting one, so now he the price and part number, no excuse not to have his wallet removed under anasthetic and buy one..........LOL

:rofl: fair enough, martziniuk just get one mate it's a great little mod for the money.

gmaster, i had H&R springs with Koni FSD's with a front splitter and no problems. Your car will not be lowered 20mm with them. More like 15mm at the most. Depends on the age of the springs you are taking off also. I now have weitecs that are lowered around 35mm now and the splitter is seeing a bit more road surface. I had to slow down the other day to get into a shopping outlet due to the high ramps. What annoys me is the idiots behind with there 4x4s that neally went straight in the back of me because they think every car can just bounce over them will no issues.

i have the same lol

i go sideways over most of them, i have the weitecs too and on the flat the nose is only 2-3" off the floor. i cant even get my boot under the middle bit of the splitter. I am on my second at the mo, not because the first was broke but i didnt like the way i fitted it. wanted it to go right to the edges and the middle to bow down a little.

it is the best mod for the money and it is subtle.

We ain't all loaded like you southern softies you know :D

Just sell your flat cap and your whippet, and you'll have enough for the splitter, and a pint of proper southern beer...LOL

We ain't all loaded like you southern softies you know :D

Ha Ha. Yeah, but we get raped with our property prices so need the extra money, lol.

Plus were just better people so deserve the nicer weather and extra cash :P

gmaster, i had H&R springs with Koni FSD's with a front splitter and no problems. Your car will not be lowered 20mm with them. More like 15mm at the most. Depends on the age of the springs you are taking off also. I now have weitecs that are lowered around 35mm now and the splitter is seeing a bit more road surface. I had to slow down the other day to get into a shopping outlet due to the high ramps. What annoys me is the idiots behind with there 4x4s that neally went straight in the back of me because they think every car can just bounce over them will no issues.

Ok mate that's good to know, springs have done 75k now, if it's just 15mm then thats ok just want it to sit a bit better.( and handle better too)

Edited by gmaster