cupra r splitters how they holding up?

GMaster here are the pics of mine with the Koni FSD's and H&R springs with the spiltter, before I fitted the weitecs,.

I think my cars front end only lowered by just over 10mm as my springs were pretty tired.

25248.attach

25249.attach

25250.attach

25251.attach

Thanks for the pics mate, nice vrs! im hoping mine will lower abit more then 10mm, i think my springs are pretty good still, when i had the fsd's fitted it was a fair bit higher then before. Though the back is not too bad the front looks too high i'd be happy with 15mm on the front, as for the splitter i think it's just a case of being extra careful

If i had one fitted it would have been on the floor twice in two days.

Once when i parked in one of them rubbish parking bays where there is a diamond shaped curb and a tree in the middle, and the other today at work with the uneven ground.

I still want one though :D

Take the bumper off mate,

tools:

socket set

hex screwdriver

drill

smallest drill bit

items:

Seat LCR splitter

bag of self tapping screws

4x 10mm iirc large bolts behind the black trim that jus pops off, (only pop off the sides or youll need to take the no plate off too)

then unscrew all the hex screws(5 per arch, 3 under bonnet grill, 3 or 4 under neath the front end, 4 under the side front grills[if std just pull hard on them])

once you done that take the under pannels off from both sides infront of the wheels.

pull both sides away from the wing and then pull to the front and it slides off.

Place the bumper on a nice surfice so you dont scratch it and measure the middle of the center grill and put some paper tape on it and mark it. do the same on the spliter between the 2 upright bits. (because the LCR has the clips on the bumper you will need to trim them off the two center bits. if you want it to just go on then it is now ok to do so but if you want it to curl right round the edge of the bumper then youll need to cut bits on the corners to make the splitter easier to bend)

startin from the middle take the small drill bit and drill and drill the splitter on the corners near the 2 upright bits, and line it up with the bumper and screw on. once youve done thoes 2 it is easier then.

now work your way round drillin the splitter and bumper together then put the screw in after(drill first so it is easier for the screw to go in plus there is not as much plastic openin the hole out.) once youve done the front bits youll need to bend the edges round which is bit fiddly and it will talk a bit to get it even.

use a screw at least on every clip and pos one in the middle of the clips as you go round the edges.

dont take too much off the middle 2 clips as it will look flat, I took just the clip bits off and just strainghtend out the top(higher toward the front due to the shape of the bumper)

get some black bath seelant stuff and put it along the top and spread it evenly to seal the join. (optional)

hope this isnt too confusin.

Take the bumper off mate,

tools:

socket set

hex screwdriver

drill

smallest drill bit

items:

Seat LCR splitter

bag of self tapping screws

4x 10mm iirc large bolts behind the black trim that jus pops off, (only pop off the sides or youll need to take the no plate off too)

then unscrew all the hex screws(5 per arch, 3 under bonnet grill, 3 or 4 under neath the front end, 4 under the side front grills[if std just pull hard on them])

once you done that take the under pannels off from both sides infront of the wheels.

pull both sides away from the wing and then pull to the front and it slides off.

Place the bumper on a nice surfice so you dont scratch it and measure the middle of the center grill and put some paper tape on it and mark it. do the same on the spliter between the 2 upright bits. (because the LCR has the clips on the bumper you will need to trim them off the two center bits. if you want it to just go on then it is now ok to do so but if you want it to curl right round the edge of the bumper then youll need to cut bits on the corners to make the splitter easier to bend)

startin from the middle take the small drill bit and drill and drill the splitter on the corners near the 2 upright bits, and line it up with the bumper and screw on. once youve done thoes 2 it is easier then.

now work your way round drillin the splitter and bumper together then put the screw in after(drill first so it is easier for the screw to go in plus there is not as much plastic openin the hole out.) once youve done the front bits youll need to bend the edges round which is bit fiddly and it will talk a bit to get it even.

use a screw at least on every clip and pos one in the middle of the clips as you go round the edges.

dont take too much off the middle 2 clips as it will look flat, I took just the clip bits off and just strainghtend out the top(higher toward the front due to the shape of the bumper)

get some black bath seelant stuff and put it along the top and spread it evenly to seal the join. (optional)

hope this isnt too confusin.

Cheers buddy, i will bookmark this for future reference :thumbup:

You don't have to take the bumper off to fit it, as long as you can get under the car ok. I pre drilled the holes on the spiltter, then offered it to the bumper and taped it in place whilst I stood back to check how it looked, i then drilled through the predrilled holes into the bumper. I have a how to if someone wants it(curtisy of a number of folks input). Also if you look through the searchs you will find someting.

Update! Had my H&R springs fitted today, also had oil change and a tb clean, big thanks to Matt at Volkscraft! :thumbup: (Highly recommended!)

Im happy with the lowering the back as not dropped to much maybe 10mm, but the front is much better must be 15mm plus. It sits so much better, with the gap pretty much the same back to front and they will drop a bit more over time.

Handling is much better, feels really nice now and very smooth much better then the oem springs and fsd's! Guess what? i've already it the splitter :rofl: going down a bumpy road i heard the front catch! :eek: