Ferodo DS2500 Brake Dust?

Liam

Hi,

I visit here frequently as my Dad has a chipped Fab vRS :) . I have a Focus TDCi Sport - also chipped... *ducks for cover* :o

We are about to upgrade our discs and pads and we've settled on Black Diamond discs and - depending on your replies - Ferodo DS2500 pads. :confused:

I was wondering what the brake dust levels are like in comparison to the standard pads? Mine are shocking, the Fab's not so bad but I was just curious as I don't want black wheels within 20miles of driving and at the same time I don't want the likes of Greenstuff pads as I don't like them...

Thanks in advance,

Liam. ;)

• Administrators

Think competition performance!

I have all round 2500's, somebody else has the 3000's which are not really for road use but as it's a track car...well anyway on BD discs it's outbraked the odd GT on track.

The 2500's all round will have your passengers saying flip me trust me...Huck did :D

They are quite dusty, I've found if I do not clan my wheels then it never looks any worse.

:wave: I have all round DS2500s, and although the frequency with which the brake dust needs cleaning off, its worth it with the performance! :thumbup:

Oh, and as mentioned above, the MC2 does a wonderful job anyway! :D

DS2500 are a really really good pad. Not as dusty as some, but more dusty than standard VAG pads. Then again, they do stop you an awful lot better :D

Hmmm, and I can second this having been ferried around Wales in the old vRS and around Brunters in the white vRS - all with DS pads on of varying models.

is it worth putting ds2500's on standard discs?

jonno.

Oh yeah! ;) Even on my smaller than vRS brake discs it makes hell of a difference - no fade or anything - need dot4.1 brake fluid at the same time though which costs very little in comparison to 4 sets of pads. :D

Yep, that is what I run. They are an improvement over standard pads, the uprated disks are well worth having though and I will be putting them on mine when the standard disks are dead.

Youll notice a very big improvement...

just something to note tho... bedding in :)

the instructions for the pads reccomend 25-30 applications of brakes at 50% race pressure for 3-6 seconds at a time.. so thats 30 stops braking hard from about 80-100mph which will destroy new discs...

so what i did was took it VERY easy for first week or so to bed the disk in... then went out and generally hammered the pads.... theve not let me down since :D

• Administrators
Youll notice a very big improvement...

just something to note tho... bedding in :)

the instructions for the pads reccomend 25-30 applications of brakes at 50% race pressure for 3-6 seconds at a time.. so thats 30 stops braking hard from about 80-100mph which will destroy new discs...

so what i did was took it VERY easy for first week or so to bed the disk in... then went out and generally hammered the pads.... theve not let me down since :D

New Discs and pads Friday, Track Day Saturday :D

Left the final burning in to TaviaRS...all I will say is fluid fluid and fluids...change it.

I'd have another set of DS2500's without hesitation.

I've done over 2000 miles in the last week alone, and the brakes have worked every time i needed them. They didn't even fade when hammering around Bruntingthorpe ;)

Just give your wheels a good coat of wax and use MC2 to clean them. Dust will not be a problem :)