Maxidot retrofit

Hi There. I have just got a reply from this web site (www.auto.asp2.cz ) regarding a maxidot pod and the price seems to be fairly reasonable at 180euros to buy and 25euros delivery to Ireland

I'm just wondering if this is the correct pod for my 07tdi elegance re:

Panel přístrojů s velkým MAXI DOt displejem

and do I need any fiddly bits as well, cables etc ? I have since enquired to the availability of a cruise control stalk as on the web site as there are several and I don't know which one is right for my car.

Finally could anybody tell me where I can get these fitted in Ireland as the main dealers are'nt keen on retro fitting a maxidot

I've had another thread going on this for a while.

I too looked at the same website as you, but the pod they have can only be bought in km/h as opposed to mph, so I wasn't going to go through them.

Skodateile.cz can supply pods in mph (or, at least, they can for the VRS) - they are 262 Euros including delivery.

Can't help with the fitting question - am fonding the same problem over here !

I'm not sure if there is the same rules/laws in Ireland, but in the UK you must have a speedo that shows MPH - you are not allowed to rely on converting the KMPH displayed.

A vehicle without MPH markings can fail an MOT.

Worth checking for the same in Ireland - otherwise potentially expensive mistake.

Yes. We are kph on speedos for the past two years in ireland. All the road speed signs are in kph. The big diference is that we pay bucket loads more for our cars in ireland and most of the roads are like mountain tracks!!

Are you sure about that? My bike is KPH with MPH stickers on it - is this adequate? It passed it's MOT anyway!

Sorry - my mistake.

Although it isn't covered in the MOT, there is some kind of requirement if the vehicle is to get Type Approval for MPH to be shown and if both MHP & KMPH is shown then MPH is supposed to be the more prominent.

I'll attempt to find some links for people to have a read through.