Octy vRS MK II with Stage 2 REVO

odd bod

Just been to local dealer who was REVO Stage 2 remapping a gleaming white Octy vRS 58 Plate and I was told that the BHP has jumped to 336bhp with 440nm of Torque:eek: Are these average figures for a stage 2 remap? How on earth does it stay on the road?

Just been to local dealer who was REVO Stage 2 remapping a gleaming white Octy vRS 58 Plate and I was told that the BHP has jumped to 336bhp with 440nm of Torque:eek: Are these average figures for a stage 2 remap? How on earth does it stay on the road?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG - Ive just picked myself up from the floor! :D

If you heard him correctly then he is telling porkie pies :rofl:

If you misheard him he must mean 236bhp and 340nm - well certainly nearer to those figures than the ones quoted above. ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hope his prices aren't as inflated as the new power figures!!!

Erm

Have a look at this graph.

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/Misc/Gallery/rollingroaddays/BRISKODA%2007%2002%2009/Dyno%20Charts/BLU.gif

That is my car with a lot of Mods at Revo Stage 2.

JKM Rolling Road day Gallery - Briskoda Rolling Road Day 7th February 2009

That link shows the Mods done to the car (Blue Car on top Row in Middle)

You can't even get that power with a KO4 conversion so you won't get anywhere near that with just a Stage 2 Remap.

Was the dealership in a Greenhouse?? Because they saw you coming :D:D Either that or Pinocchio was the salesman :rolleyes:

Carl :thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG - Ive just picked myself up from the floor! :D

If you heard him correctly then he is telling porkie pies :rofl:

If you misheard him he must mean 236bhp and 340nm - well certainly nearer to those figures than the ones quoted above. ;)

Nope - had my hearing aid on full volume thanks! He told me Stage 1 REVO pushed bhp from standard 200bhp to 265bhp and then stage 2 REVO from 265 bhp to 336bhp. Can this be?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hope his prices aren't as inflated as the new power figures!!!

Remember a couple of years ago and your first Vrs and the REVO claims, and of course my disaster with 'you know who' :rolleyes:

We can all get sucked into this 'we will make your car gain this much etc etc' but now today we know it not to be true. Well not by map alone...:)

Unfortunately the dealer seems to have inflated somewhat which is a shame, as it really does give the wrong signals, plus the fact that they clearly do not know what they are doing or saying!......:thumbdwn:

Odd Bod

Have a look at the links in my previous post.

You can not, I repeat, CAN NOT get 336bhp from Stage 2 Revo

You get around 235-245bhp on stage 1 depending on Mods.

My Stage 2 Car is fairly heavily modded (with stock down pipe) and i cant get anywhere near that figure.

I know someone else on this Forum who has a KO4 Conversion and he can only manage to get around 310bhp and thats a bigger Turbo.

Gimme the dealers name i'll ring and ask what mods they have done :D:D

Ask him to produce a Rolling Road print out to prove his claim:rolleyes:

Carl:thumbup:

Remember a couple of years ago and your first Vrs and the REVO claims,

Oh yes I do, very well indeed,

Based on my experiance I'd suggest up to around 235hp 270lbft is what to expect with Stage 1 and then up to around 250hp 300lbft with Stage II depending on other hardware which is of course required for Stage II, did the demo car have a modified intake and aftermarket exhaust?

More is available from Stage II with more hardware.

I think he's just stuck his finger in the air there and guessed!

My car is stage 1 and was otherwise standard until Saturday when I put a full turbo-back Milltek on. Now the Milltek is on I can see/feel how it could be pushing around 250 tops but the Revo site claims 255 with a standard car. Which is definitely is NOT!

As people here running stage 2+ with bigger fuel pumps and better air intakes are only hitting the 280s he's definitely talking out of his backside.

lol, now that remap sounds better value than the KO4.

Sibart! you went the wrong route for the power, you should have gone to this garage your car is not in the same league

There is definately a misunderstanding there, That garage cant possibly give out revo and follow with a rolling road test.

agree with mater look at his graph. or focusztec and you'll see those figures are way off.

..............that is unless your running off aviaiton fuel.

I would steer clear of this garage out of principle now for giving such misguided, mindless and false figures. Stick to the recognised dealers on this site.

Don't mean to pull the thread off topic, but was just having a look through >

and noticed that the three standard Fabias are all over the standard 130bhp the black one had 21 extra horses! :eek:

Are they really standard? No mods at all?

As mine is black will I have 21 extra horses? :D

Again apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere...:o

Don't mean to pull the thread off topic, but was just having a look through >

and noticed that the three standard Fabias are all over the standard 130bhp the black one had 21 extra horses! :eek:

Are they really standard? No mods at all?

As mine is black will I have 21 extra horses? :D

Guaranteed, black is the fastest colour :thumbup:

Many VAG Diesel engines produce more than what they are rated at, off the top of my head....

I have seen a few 105 engine make 115 -119bhp.

I have seen many 130TDI engines produce 140- 145bhp.

I have seen many 150TDI engines produce 155-160bhp.

I have seen a few TDI170 Engines produce 180-190bhp.

VAG Petrol engines on the other hand are close to the stated figures most of the time (when running correctly).

On petrol engines there is always the posibility of fuel grade influencing the result slightly due to more or less igntion timing retard.

Hope this helps.

I have seen many 130TDI engines produce 140- 145bhp.
Guaranteed, black is the fastest colour

Excellent! so i'll be looking at about 155ish then as its a PD 130 and black :rofl:

I think I'm gonna have to head down to the next rolling road day...

i disagree, i was under the impression that red was the fastest colour in the world, and the only way to beat it would be to put on go faster stripes(at least 2) the length of the car.

i think you are all wrong, its a science, and science doesnt lie.

i disagree, i was under the impression that red was the fastest colour in the world, and the only way to beat it would be to put on go faster stripes(at least 2) the length of the car.

erm, something like this you mean? :o ..............

Cz20Trip20172.jpg

Feck that looks good.

Might stick some on mine for Le Mans.. :D:thumbup:

I got an 8m roll of silver stripe (easily enough and the same as I used on my black Octy) in my drawer doing nothing which you can have for a few beer tokens to cover P&P ;)

I must admit im not a massive fan of decals on cars. but if you have the performance to back it up its ok i suppose, which i believe that one did have if my memory serves me right.

I did see a white vRS with massive vRS decals along the whole side of the car which did look quite cool, but to drive everyday was maybe a bit much for me.

I love the understated look of the standard look. maybe just a few tasteful mods, such as the body coloured gille and that splitter from that special edition vRs from the 2008 motorshow. and lowered suspension 'cos it does look like it is on stilts in standard trim