DSG for special edition VRS

Regrettably not - else I would have been sore tempted myself.

As it is there are great offers to be had on the pre-facelift VRS CR DSG, so enjoy already!

1. Article is on an Australian website

2. Refers to 2009 vRS, not to the Limited Edition

Looking at the UK Limited Edition brochure http://www.skoda.co.uk/pdf/octavia_vrs_flyer.pdf, there is no mention of DSG in either petrol or diesel engine variants

As per Skoda UK brochure effective 1st January 09 to 31st March 09 (page 17 to be precise!) ;

'No options available for vRS Limited Edition'

Kinda sucky but I believe its because all cars have been pre manufactured and are out there already therefore no way to factory fit anyhting else. :(

Dealer can still fit their options though.

Hope it clears this up.

You can get DSG on the LE. But I think it may be a dealer fit as opposed to factory fit. They said I couldn't have the multi function steering wheel as it was only available for the DSG and I was having a manual car but it can be fitted to the automatics (sorry old school don't understand the tiptronic thing, it's still an automatic isn't it?!)

Edited by munster

You can get DSG on the LE. But I think it may be a dealer fit as opposed to factory fit. They said I couldn't have it as I was having a manual car but it can be fitted to the automatics (sorry old school don't understand the tiptronic thing, it's still an automatic isn't it?!)

DSG being fitted as a dealer option?! :confused: :eek:

The automatic (actually semi automatic) gearbox is the DSG.

You can get DSG on the LE. But I think it may be a dealer fit as opposed to factory fit. They said I couldn't have the multi function steering wheel as it was only available for the DSG and I was having a manual car but it can be fitted to the automatics (sorry old school don't understand the tiptronic thing, it's still an automatic isn't it?!)

Is that not a hell of a big job for a dealer fitted option?

I was uder the impression that something like this would have to be done factory fit. Or am I doubting the Skoda dealers/mechanics?

Or, would it be possible and just cost a lot and take a lot of time?

Is that not a hell of a big job for a dealer fitted option?

Yes!

I was uder the impression that something like this would have to be done factory fit.

No!

Or am I doubting the Skoda dealers/mechanics?

Yes!

Or, would it be possible and just cost a lot and take a lot of time?

Yes; yes; yes!

Anything is possible - as in they can fit a whole new engine if your blows up. However certainly not cost-effective one might think. Better/cheaper option would surely be to get a run-out pre-facelift VRS with DSG etc and then retrofit the seats? OK may not be possible to get exact replica Limited Editions, but I'm sure you'd be left with change from Seat Surgeons compared with fiddling about with gearboxes etc.

I have to say I'm confused about the dealer quote saying multi-function steering wheel was only available with DSG. As I understand it the MFSW gives functionality for such things as ICE controls. Yes, you have to have a MFSW if you want steering wheel flappers for your DSG, but I'm sure you don't have to have a DSG in order to get the MFSW.

Confused ... you will be!

Which options list have you been looking at ? I doubt you'd get DSG as a dealer fit option - it's difficult enough to find a dealer who will retro-fit a maxidot dashpod, let alone a complete gearbox transplant !

Been back today to sign my life away, the chap I have been speaking to was away but his mate clarified some things for me.

Apparently I could have what ever option I want as long as I'm prepared to wait 10 weeks for them to add it at the factory!

When I pointed out that I thought all the SE's were already built and in the country he sort of back tracked a bit and said that he thought I meant a "normal" vrs.

So I guess I had a bum steer and passed it on!:confused:

I still want a MFSW but I don't think it's going to happen..........yet!

Sorry all, especially if I raised a few hopes.