It's Tyre Time. Again!

Rob.

Toyo Proxes T1R vs. Uniroyal Rainsport 2  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Toyo Proxes T1R vs. Uniroyal Rainsport 2

• Uniroyal Rainsport 2
    • Toyo Proxes T1R
    • They're equally as good!

Right.. because all 4 on the car are the same rubbish brand that I've lost all confidence in I think I'm gonna change all 4, as what's the point in having a front or back that stays in line when the opposite end is just gonna let go and pull the whole car down with it.

If I was changing for wear then it'd be a different story but the truth is I could go round corners quicker with my elegance on continentals then I can with my vRS on these amazingly bad Acceleras (that are 3 years old now).. I only know that as the recipt came with the car.

Anyway, back on topic, I think seeing as they're winning, and cheaper, I'm gonna go for 4 Toyo's.. unless anyone REALLY thinks 2 Uniroyals would be best combined with two strips of teflon?

I know you should not skimp on tyres, I'm completely agree with that, but Toyo's aint skimping, it's just budgeting. And when the fronts wear out I can get the Uni's knowing I trust the two Toyo's left on.

Thanks for everyones comment's.. its been a massive help!

Rob

There's skimping and there's just wasting money. Wasting money on quality tyres happens when you reach a level of grip that you can't exploit, say due to tending to fall out of the seat when you try.

I have always replaced my Fabia tyres with Kumho Ecstas.

I have had 4 Fabias and bought literally dozens of tyres.

Sometimes I drive like a grandad, sometimes I drive like a 17 year old with a promise on.....

I haven't crashed or killed myself yet.

Just gone for a set of T1-Rs. Would have tried Rainsports but poor availability around here and quoted around £90+ per corner (have to order in - can't say when) compared to £75 for the Toyos (in stock). Keen to see what Toyos are like for myself anyway. So far seem ok. Quieter than the OE Bridgestone Turanzas (which overall,wear/grip I found to be reasonable). Driving like wuss at the moment as getting parts/tools for cupra/powerflex bushes and trying to save on tyre wear in meantime! :)