Bloody marvelous

Delcac

Just discovered this natty little valeting brush from Halfords.

Washed and waxed the RS on Sunday, (thankfully the rain held off) only to find that an hour later the Black Beast was covered in a layer of dust. Got my new toy out give the Beast the once over hay presto, no dust, not scratches, no fuss it just lifts the dust right off with one wipe, spotless again.

Thought I'd share that with you guys, here's a pic.

I have a nice little brush attachment that I can whack on the end of a hosepipe. It's got a little bottle underneath it where you shove some washing liquid / car shampoo, and can add a few suddsies to the standard water wash. Haven't got a piccie though.. :( It's very good for cleaning glass, and getting flies off the front end of the car (of which I have just a few :D )

Anyone recommend a good wax? I heard that "Autoglym" is good, but its over

For dust and general crap inside the car - on the dash, in the little nooks and crannies, the best thing I've found is:

swif3.gif

Even gets all the dust, etc, out of the folds of the gearstick gaitor!

hehe - I think using swiffer with the stick would be like me trying to use the Dyson nozzle. Its bloody long and makes it impossible to hoover certain angles in the car. Thats when I have to resort to the cloth/chemical method. I found that turtle wax blackening spray was good in the folds of the gaiter. It was amazing how much crud was in those folds of leather.. where the hell did it all come from?? My hands aren't normally that dirty! :o

Originally posted by Stimps in this post

BTW - don't try using them when attached to the "broomstick" inside your car...

Mine doesn't have a broomstick inside - is that a factory option? :p

Originally posted by devonutopia in this post

... It's got a little bottle underneath it where you shove some washing liquid / car shampoo....

Anyone recommend a good wax? I heard that "Autoglym" is good, but its over

No - It was the washing machine washing liquid - Persil colour I think it was. I'd never use washing up liquid if I could avoid it. I'm not sure about the properties of Persil compared to Fairy? I guess the mild green fairy liquid isn't as kind to cars as it is to your hands, eh? :D

I think I'll invest in some autoglym ready for the NEC meet. It'd be nice to have the car looking REALLY clean, instead of just clean. I wonder if it would bring up some extra shine in the alloys too? As for spending

I have been using the Meguiar's range of products for the last few months and I am very happy with them. I haven't used Autoglym products before but they don't have a good rep. Swissol products have a good rep but are outside of my price range.

Lloyd

Ive used Autoglym for over 10 years and am very pleased with their performance (products used by me : Super Resin Polish , Extra Gloss Protection , Glass Polish , Vinyl and Rubber care) I didnt like their car shampoo tho , the bubbles faded after a few minutes and it just looked like a dirty bucket of water! I now use ZYMOL car shampoo (from Halfords) its excellent but dear , another good alternative is Turtle Wax zip wax.

Dmac1969vRS Wrote

I didnt like their car shampoo tho , the bubbles faded after a few minutes and it just looked like a dirty bucket of water!
Have to agree with that Duncan , am a bit disappointed with the shampoo , but not with the rest of the autoglym products - will try Zymol shampoo next time on your recommendation .

Originally posted by delcac in this post

Just discovered this natty little valeting brush from Halfords.

Washed and waxed the RS on Sunday, (thankfully the rain held off) only to find that an hour later the Black Beast was covered in a layer of dust. Got my new toy out give the Beast the once over hay presto, no dust, not scratches, no fuss it just lifts the dust right off with one wipe, spotless again.

Thought I'd share that with you guys, here's a pic.

Des,

I have a similar brush that I got from pounstrecher a while ago looks the same and was make in Holland I think. Mine came with some silicon oil to put on the brush and a platic container to store the brush in to protect when not in use. I knew what it was because someone I know has a TVR and they have a bigger version that came from the states that was impregnated the same as mine - he swore by it hence I snaped one up when I saw it in Poundstrecher.

Is yours pre - impregnated - or did you get a bottle of oil with it?

Mellow

If you try the zymol stuff , dont put too much in the bucket , i put the same amount that i used with the turtle wax zipwax and the bucket bloody overflowed with bubbles!! It is excellent stuff and it even smells of coconut! (like the sun tan oil , reminds me of summer every time i smell it!!!)

Originally posted by jawsnpaws in this post

Don't do cleaning , but can the penguins sing decalc ?

What the hell is a decalc?

Yes the penguins do a natty turn to Mary Poppins.

Oh it's a luvly oliday wif Mary, Mary makes ya art feel glad etc.

John

Yes you do have to prime the brush with an anti-static liquid, smells of Detol. The brush must also be stored in the plastic case as it dries out.

Des

Originally posted by delcac in this post

Yes you do have to prime the brush with an anti-static liquid, smells of Detol. The brush must also be stored in the plastic case as it dries out.

Des

No instructions with mine, how much do they say to put on? do you know if they do refils in Halfords?

Originally posted by stopan1j in this post

No instructions with mine, how much do they say to put on? do you know if they do refils in Halfords?

Yes Halfords do refil bottles about 4 inches high, clear liquid.

Des