First roadtests of the Yeti

RapidRonnie

3 UK mags are testing the new Yeti. I think it was AutoCar who have confirmed the story in their 4th May edition. The other 2 are uncomfirmed as yet, I'm sure they'll mention it though.

Sounds good.

Hopefully they will do it with a 1.6TDI at a sensible price.

I'd consider one for my next car in three years time if they do

Not looking likely, but why not go for one of the lower powered 2.0s? All 3 diesels are common rail and I think will be surprisngly economical.

Rumours in CZ say it's going to be very competitively priced (1.2TSI 2wd should be around base Octavia price)

Sounds good.

Hopefully they will do it with a 1.6TDI at a sensible price.

I'd consider one for my next car in three years time if they do

I stand corrected, Whatcar say there will probably be a 1.6TDI greenline Yeti.

I stand corrected, Whatcar say there will probably be a 1.6TDI greenline Yeti.

Excellent.

They'd be mad not to as people still like 4x4 style vehicles but are put off by fuel and tax costs.

If they can get one doing 50+ mpg it should sell really well.

Excellent.

They'd be mad not to as people still like 4x4 style vehicles but are put off by fuel and tax costs.

If they can get one doing 50+ mpg it should sell really well.

Skoda have put a lot of effort into making this one fuel efficient and say that every model will have lower C02 and better MPG than all their competitors. Maybe even the 2.0s might get close to 50?

Judging by some of the pictures it seems to have been subjected to thorough off road testing. Whats the extent of it's abilities, is it an occasional wet field job or can it match the likes of the freelander etc?

Yep i have read the review in Auto Express and it looks like they had fun making the photo's!!!

Also again in the Manchester Evening News car section yet more skdoa news, this time the Yeti.

It's getting a 105BHP 1.2 is this the new 1.2TSI engine? and will other models be getting this engine?

Yep i have read the review in Auto Express and it looks like they had fun making the photo's!!!

Also again in the Manchester Evening News car section yet more skdoa news, this time the Yeti.

It's getting a 105BHP 1.2 is this the new 1.2TSI engine? and will other models be getting this engine?

It's destined for the Fabia,certainly for the facelift next year, though my dealer thought it would go in the current version before Christmas

• 1 month later...

Autoplus France have just tested Yeti 2.0 TDi 110 4X2 Ambition.

They liked a lot: Comfort,driveability,engine,braking,performance, driving position, quality of materials used.

They liked less: Build quality,engine insulation,wind noise, small boot,gear change,only really a 2 seater in the back.

They didnt like: puncture repair kit as standard, spare wheel a no cost option, BUT it would appear there is no well in the boot as the boot volume is reduced from 405 dm3 to305dm3 if the spare wheel option is taken up.

If this is the case then I think I will be sticking to the octavia as that would make the boot about the same as a Fabia berline.

Fist finnish mag also road tested Yeti. They didn't really like the 1.2Tsi saying it does the job but doesn't really impress.. what they did like was the 1.8Tsi and also the mid-range 140bhp derv. Apparently they didn't have access to top model derv.

What I was really happy to hear is they were impressed on how quiet the car is. Said that even on rough slovenian mountain roads it was almost like "running on socks"..

Now, if they'll just bring a 4x4 dsg out in the next 2 years.. then I'll be set for the next company car for sure! The noise levels are pretty much the only complaint I have for my current derv dsg VRS...

//Juha