Fabia to get new Polo engines?

New polo prices and specs have been announced.

Apart from the exorbitant prices, the other shocking bit is the engine range

3 petrol engines - 59 bhp 1.2, 69 bhp 1.2, 83bhp 1.4

2 diesels - 74bhp 1.6, 89 bhp 1.6

What happened to the much touted 1.2TSi engine? Or the 105bhp version of the 1.6 CR engine? This doesnt bode too well for the Fabia in the near future....lets hope I wrong.

The 1.6 CR engine is already being fitted to the FL Octavia,should be used in the Yeti sooner or later and also i presume in the fabia as well,am i right in saying that Skoda are the last of the VW gropu to use VW's latest engines ?,and regards the 1.2 TSI this should again be the base engine in the YETI,the 1.4 TSI engine should be used in the Fabia to make it the Fabia Vrs.the Polo GTi and in I it's already being used in the seat Ibiza Cupra ....... Driven: SEAT Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI 180

Seen an article somewhere on testing the 1.2 TSI Polo, so it's in the pipeline but for top spec models only.

Would be surprised if the the 1.6 TDI found it's way into the Yeti, she's a bit heavy for it. Hence the installation of the 2.0 TDI 110

Yeti is close to the weight of the Passat which also use's the 2.0 engine instead of the 1.6 for emission reasons.

The 1.2 TSI CO2 emissions are up on Polo, due to having to drag the extra weight around.

New polo prices and specs have been announced.

Apart from the exorbitant prices, the other shocking bit is the engine range

3 petrol engines - 59 bhp 1.2, 69 bhp 1.2, 83bhp 1.4

2 diesels - 74bhp 1.6, 89 bhp 1.6

What happened to the much touted 1.2TSi engine? Or the 105bhp version of the 1.6 CR engine? This doesnt bode too well for the Fabia in the near future....lets hope I wrong.

I think the 1.2T will be available in the Polo in top spec only, perhaps a little after the less powerful engines. This means VW and Skoda (in the Yeti) will use this new engine first at about the same time in mid Autumn. I'd be surprised if it didn't replace the 1.6 105 in all VW group superminis in the near/mid future.

I believe a 1.6tdi 105 is planned for the Polo. It's already deployed in the Octavia, Golf and in one or two others.

• 1 month later...
Seen an article somewhere on testing the 1.2 TSI Polo, so it's in the pipeline but for top spec models only.

Would be surprised if the the 1.6 TDI found it's way into the Yeti, she's a bit heavy for it. Hence the installation of the 2.0 TDI 110

Yeti is close to the weight of the Passat which also use's the 2.0 engine instead of the 1.6 for emission reasons.

The 1.2 TSI CO2 emissions are up on Polo, due to having to drag the extra weight around.

New Passat Bluemotion have alrady got the 1.6TDI CR and Yeti will get the engine, and so do ofcourse Fabia, all PD engines are on their way out of all VW brands.

Technische Daten > Zahlen & Fakten > Passat > Passat > Modelle > Volkswagen Deutschland