Eibach suspension for Fabia vRS

Neo_VR

Well folks... as you may or may not know.. i had some Eibach vRS springs and Eibach dampers fitted on monday thanks to Awesome GTI :)

After a few days they seem to have settled in nicely, and the improvement is very noticeable.. ive not had that much of a chance to throw it down my favorite back roads yet as its been raining all week :rolleyes: but bodyroll is definately reduced and body control is much better. the ride is firmer but i wouldnt say it was an issue at all unless you have rubbish roads... even then the car is well controlled instead of bouncing and bobbing around like the std suspension did. Braking is much improved as theres alot less dive when you stamp on... accelleration also seems better due to more of the energy propelling the car instead of making the suspension pitch.

As for the look of the car... the springs only lower the car 25mm due to the engine hanging quite low and the risk of bottoming out (ask tavia4x4 ;) ) the so your not gonna get accused of being a chav with this suspension, but it does tidy things up and the car now looks how it should have done out the factory :)

271IMG_3990_Large_-med.JPG

Looks quite good i think :cool:

theres more pics in the Gallery :D

the future:

Theres a couple more suspension/handling mods id like to try. (thicker ARB, lower strut brace, Spacers on the back wheels) but i think the vRS springs are a good compromise between handling and comfort... no doubt the TDi springs would be more comfortable.. but they dont suit the RS and make the front end a bit too loose and bouncy (John J has problems scraping front bumper with his setup)

all in all it gets a :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: rating from me... and i highly reccomend using uprated dampers too, altho not essential.. it just gives it extra body control :)

Looks great Colin. Interested you called the Eibach dampers 'uprated'. When I looked into Eibach dampers, they only made one type for the whole Fabia range which put me off a bit. Can't really see how a damper which will be OK in a 1.4 petrol-engined Fabia could be equally at home in one with a PDI lump up front. I'm tending towards Koni adjustables though Eibach springs with standard dampers do pretty well IMHO...

I agree with Colin - the stiffness of the springs plays the major part in handling so you need to get the right ones for your car, the dampers are simply stiffer and control the "ride" so will not be so model-specific..... :D I hear good reviews of Konis, but do you really need adjustable dampers? ;)

Chris

• 1 month later...
Neo, what's the width of your tires ? Do u have fender rubbing issues in the back ? Also, did u measure the wheel gap with the Eibachs ?

On the furby i have stuck to using 205 profile tyres: same width as the OE ones. i belive 225/35 will go on with a slightly larger offset