Octavia Long delivery times

Dealer rang today, my car should be delivered to him late this week and agreed collection on Thurs 10 Dec. Would of been quicker but he needs to arrange fitment of the detachable towbar. White CR VRS, build week 45. Happy days

Dealer rang today, my car should be delivered to him late this week and agreed collection on Thurs 10 Dec. Would of been quicker but he needs to arrange fitment of the detachable towbar. White CR VRS, build week 45. Happy days

When did you order it?

Rang dealer today to check on progress of my order. Car ordered on 5th October and built last week (48). They say it's now at the docks in Northern Germany.Told dealer I dont want it registered until January and he's happy as it seems this new computer system is causing them headaches.VRS 2.0 TSI DSG Estate in Black with full heated leather, MFSW with bluetooth, rear parking sensors, privacy glass, silver roof rails, Auto lights and mirrors, spare wheel.Still desperate to see a UK spec Black VRS. Anyone got one?

Rang dealer today to check on progress of my order. Car ordered on 5th October and built last week (48). They say it's now at the docks in Northern Germany.Told dealer I dont want it registered until January and he's happy as it seems this new computer system is causing them headaches.VRS 2.0 TSI DSG Estate in Black with full heated leather, MFSW with bluetooth, rear parking sensors, privacy glass, silver roof rails, Auto lights and mirrors, spare wheel.Still desperate to see a UK spec Black VRS. Anyone got one?

Ordered mine on 12th October so I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and see if it's been built yet...

Ordered mine on 12th October so I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and see if it's been built yet...

Ordered mine on 6th October, black CR170 dsg estate, last I heard a few weeks ago it was due to be built this week, so will try dealer tomorrow to see if it's been bumped up!

can you/do you get them [folding wing mirrors] on the vrs fl?

This was asked in another thread a few weeks ago - the answer was that it was standard abroad, but because ours are RHD they have a different wiring loom to the doors that prevented the folding...however it would seem that Skoda have made at least one production change during the week's freeze (addition of XDS, plus mention in the Yeti forums of an updated CR engine that may also make it onto the Octavia if they're trying to keep things similar across the board) so who who knows what else they've added?!

Well I had a good and bad conversation with my dealer this evening

The good: my vRS will be here on 31st Dec so should take delivery first week in Jan

The bad: he read out the extras on the car and missing was the rear parking sensors (NOT LOL)

They are going to speak to SUK on Monday to find out the full story

For me ordering a new car is having it to the exact spec I want for which I am prepared to wait and pay a lot more than a nearly new car.

This could be where its a dealbreaker and I walk away. I do not want a retrofit that will not look exactly 100% to manufacturers original and not be connected to the Bolero graphics

If the order has been cocked up I shall be insisting that SUK contact the factory and amend the order, build is second week in Dec. Could be an uphill fight I now face

Well after many phone calls today I have finally got an answer

Because of the new computer stock tracking systems for the VAG group, the screens have changed and the cars options appear in different areas of the screens so they had not correctly analysed the information on Friday.

So the dealer has now confirmed to me that the car will be built with parking sensors as per the order they placed with SUK on 28th Sept

Build is now showing as week 51 W/C 13th Dec

Had a weekend of worrying for nothing !!!

Mine is also at Emden, guess they may be sharing a boat then, If I remember correctly you bought from the same dealer, so they may be keeping each other company all the way to Mansfield.......

Mine is also at Emden, guess they may be sharing a boat then, If I remember correctly you bought from the same dealer, so they may be keeping each other company all the way to Mansfield.......

Make that three then, mine also there and on it's way to Mansfield......White Vrs...

Just spoken to my dealer and mine was built last week and is "in transit". I was told delivery was averaging 3 weeks at the moment so if I'm lucky I may have the keys before Christmas, which would be great. If not I told them they can keep it until Jan and register it in 2010.Bob--

Please take photos, i've ordered a black estate with silver rails. I really need to see one!

Called my dealer today, his first response was "it's coming in January" then when he checked the system it was built and waiting for a boat in Emden! I've done a bit of sleuthing and found a post that said VAG mostly ship from Emden to Newcastle...there are 2 car carriers going from Emden to Newcastle this week (City of Rome and City of Sunderland), both arriving tomorrow (one at 1am and the other at some time in the afternoon)...fingers crossed there's room on them for the fleet of vRSs that seem to be waiting!

Guess that makes them brothers, maybe we should start a family tree.We should get Rainsworth to do a photoshoot of them all together, one black one white one silver.

Make that three then, mine also there and on it's way to Mansfield......White Vrs...

Guess that makes them brothers, maybe we should start a family tree.We should get Rainsworth to do a photoshoot of them all together, one black one white one silver.

......you can add a blue one to that. I would say I'm in the same boat as you guys! (sorry that was poor)

I can not work out where Skodas come into the UK, Newcastle or Grimsby

VW have distribution centres at both ports

Yes 2 ships came into Newcastle today with 800 cars each but I see another ship has come into Grimsby from Emden as well, not sure if it has VW/Skodas on it

But then there are no further ships into Newcastle for at least the next 7 days

Overall there is a 10% shortage of worldwide car carrier ship capacity which means an average of a 4 week delay on cars being delivered with the longest delays related to Far East shipments

P.S. I've had today off and its been raining !!!!

Anyone booking some time off work when they get their motor for play time??! I shall be taking a few days off, not just for the motor but xmas shopping and stuff like that.

Anyone booking some time off work when they get their motor for play time??! I shall be taking a few days off, not just for the motor but xmas shopping and stuff like that.

No time off but looking forward to it. Savouring every last moment in my Fabas vRS in the meantime, it's been a cracking car and I hope the new Octavia will be a worthy replacement.

I can not work out where Skodas come into the UK, Newcastle or Grimsby

VW have distribution centres at both ports

Yes 2 ships came into Newcastle today with 800 cars each but I see another ship has come into Grimsby from Emden as well, not sure if it has VW/Skodas on it

But then there are no further ships into Newcastle for at least the next 7 days

Where/how are you finding this information?

I'd also like to know what ports are used.