Octavia Long delivery times

Hi Everyone.

I ordered a 1.8tsi L&K on the 19 September. i have phoned the dealer - D. M. Keith Leeds a number of times for a delivery date but have not heard from them.

I was expecting to be able to use the car to pick up family before christmas. Should I be worried.

Hi Everyone.

I ordered a 1.8tsi L&K on the 19 September. i have phoned the dealer - D. M. Keith Leeds a number of times for a delivery date but have not heard from them.

I was expecting to be able to use the car to pick up family before christmas. Should I be worried.

If you've not got a build date (let alone a pick up date!) I would be hassling them. You should get an estimated build date about a week-2 weeks after ordering. Then a confirmed date about 2 months later, I would be expecting it to have been built by now.

Does anyone answer the phone or are you leaving messages on a TAM? Might be worth asking for dealer principle.

If you've not got a build date (let alone a pick up date!) I would be hassling them. You should get an estimated build date about a week-2 weeks after ordering. Then a confirmed date about 2 months later, I would be expecting it to have been built by now.

Does anyone answer the phone or are you leaving messages on a TAM? Might be worth asking for dealer principle.

Sorry should have said. Build week 45. I speak to the chap I placed the order with. He last told me the tracking system is down and would call me in the week - that was two weeks ago. have left messages on his TAM since but not had a responce yet. Wife has just said call in in the morning and speak to him face to face.

My receipt for the deposit said end of November for delivery.

PS thanks for the quick responce.

Sorry should have said. Build week 45. I speak to the chap I placed the order with. He last told me the tracking system is down and would call me in the week - that was two weeks ago. have left messages on his TAM since but not had a responce yet. Wife has just said call in in the morning and speak to him face to face.

My receipt for the deposit said end of November for delivery.

PS thanks for the quick responce.

This does'nt help, but my Octy was build week 45 I think. I collect it this Thur so you should be expecting it within a week or two, def visit them and ask where it is!

This does'nt help, but my Octy was build week 45 I think. I collect it this Thur so you should be expecting it within a week or two, def visit them and ask where it is!

Thanks for that. Will do.

Hopefully only a short wait then.

The dealers are really struggling with this new system, SUK are not much help either, sat with the dealer who showed me the new system, its klunky at best !

VW/Audi get it next year, the proverbial will hit the fan then......

Wow, that's 5 months. Shocking!!!!

Well, called in at the dealer today to find out why it 's been delayed for so long. And they couldn't even tell me wether it had been built or not.

So to cut a long story short... I'm picking up a 56 plate Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sline Special Edition Avant from Harrogate Audi on Wednesday. :)

Well, called in at the dealer today to find out why it 's been delayed for so long. And they couldn't even tell me wether it had been built or not.

So to cut a long story short... I'm picking up a 56 plate Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sline Special Edition Avant from Harrogate Audi on Wednesday. :)

Had a pleasant surprise thios morning - a call to say my car's due in later this week so can provisionally pick it up Monday, which since I ordered it on 12th October makes it 9 weeks exactly. :)

Bob

--

Octavia 1.4 TSI SE ordered end of Sept with a range of extras in Anthracite Grey and collected on Saturday. I estimate its taken about 9 weeks. Nice car and a lot of power for a little 1.4

Good Luck to those of you still waiting. :)

Edited by Richardb

Well 14 1/2 weeks later its arrived!

Guys its worth the wait!!!! Hang on.................................

VRS TSI hatch dsg with leather & sunroof in black. I am now a happy man again.

ps does any one know the best way to set up an sc card to be able to search thro artists on the bolero???????

Well 14 1/2 weeks later its arrived!

Guys its worth the wait!!!! Hang on.................................

VRS TSI hatch dsg with leather & sunroof in black. I am now a happy man again.

ps does any one know the best way to set up an sc card to be able to search thro artists on the bolero???????

Simple.

Top level folders of Artist.

It just lets you traverse a directory structure.

I have [Artist] ->/ [Album] ->/ [Tracks]

But might move to [Artist - Album] ->/ [Tracks] to speed things up a little.

I called into the dealers yesterday, and mine has now finally been built (build wk 49) and is en route to Emden (hurray!). I guess it's 50/50 at best as to whether I'll get it before Christmas or not and the dealer certainly wasn't going to make any promises he couldn't keep. Order was placed 21st Sept.

On the subject of VAT, my dealer told be that because my order was placed before 31st Oct that it's price protected and Skoda will honour the VAT if it arrives in the new year. He also said because Skoda are paying the VAT, they are insisting that dealers register and invoice any cars in their possession in December so you can't have it both ways and delay for a 2010 registration and expect Skoda to honour the VAT increase (which I thought was fair enough).

Phil_P looks like mine will be on the same boat as yours. My dealer is hoping to have it before xmas but cannot confirm this as yet but will keep me updated towards the end of the week.

Quick update on mine - left the factory 30th November, was in Emden 1st December, left Emden today for Port of Tyne (according to the ship tracker a 1200-car carrier arrived at 5pm), dealer says I should get it within a week :D

My dealer kept promising to call me with delivery times and never did and then said it was likely to be Feb when he had origianlly said Dec/Jan. I then wanted to cancel the car as he had written Dec/Jan on the order as it's too long for me to wait. He convieniently forgot the conversation where it was likely to be delivered in feb so I lost my deposit. I now have a 2008 L+K from another dealer so at least I'm mobile again!

On the subject of VAT, my dealer told be that because my order was placed before 31st Oct that it's price protected and Skoda will honour the VAT if it arrives in the new year. He also said because Skoda are paying the VAT, they are insisting that dealers register and invoice any cars in their possession in December so you can't have it both ways and delay for a 2010 registration and expect Skoda to honour the VAT increase (which I thought was fair enough).

I'm holding off for a 10 plate in March and won't be affected by any changes in VAT (though I'm only delaying from a potential Feb delivery as I only ordered mid Nov)

Hi - I just spoke to my dealer today, my vRS estate has been built at last :) , and is en route. Dealer estimates 22nd Dec for delivery, so may possibly have it before Christmas....?

vRS TDi Estate in black magic, with sunset glass, parking sensors, MDI and maxidot, ordered 26th Sept

Hi - I just spoke to my dealer today, my vRS estate has been built at last :) , and is en route. Dealer estimates 22nd Dec for delivery, so may possibly have it before Christmas....?

vRS TDi Estate in black magic, with sunset glass, parking sensors, MDI and maxidot, ordered 26th Sept

You should get it for Christmas. My dealer told me they're really cranking up the deliveries now so it should be reasonably quick. I pick mine up Monday and it was only built less than a fortnight ago.

Bob

--

Thats not quite what my dealer has told me. Both the sales manager and dealer principal have said Skoda will pay the full (17.5%) VAT if the car is registered in Jan 2010 and the car arrived at the dealers after 14th Dec i.e. they would not force customers to take the car in the last 2 weeks of the year.

I think your dealer might trying to blag you into taking it in 2009 so they can get an end of month/quarter/year bonus

I'm holding off for a 10 plate in March and won't be affected by any changes in VAT (though I'm only delaying from a potential Feb delivery as I only ordered mid Nov)

I guess your case is a little different as the VAT will be the same in either Feb or March. In your shoes I definitely hold out for a new '10' plate.

Edited by Phil_P

My dealer kept promising to call me with delivery times and never did and then said it was likely to be Feb when he had origianlly said Dec/Jan. I then wanted to cancel the car as he had written Dec/Jan on the order as it's too long for me to wait. He convieniently forgot the conversation where it was likely to be delivered in feb so I lost my deposit. I now have a 2008 L+K from another dealer so at least I'm mobile again!

The dealer cannot withold your deposit. I had a very interesting conversation with a knowledgable person "who will remain nameless ;)" at a dealership "which will remain nameless ;)" who categorically stated that a dealer cannot with hold your deposit. All they will do is try and fob you off and hope you go away. Go back and get your money back. A quick phone call to trading stds will confirm this.

I've been messed around with delivery dates for my L&K as well, last update on monday was they didn't even know if my car had been built. And that it would likely be end of Jan before it arrives. I have had no car for the past 2 weeks and have been surving on borrowing my Grandad's (which I need to give back). Skoda dealer offered to lend me a car, but I had to insure it myself (the cheek).

I'm now picking up a A4 2.0TFSI Sline Special Edition Quattro Avant on Wednesday.... and as soon as the keys are in my hands I'll be cancelling my factory order with the dealership I ordered the Octavia from as far back as the 6th of September.