Fabia VRS Convertible ???

Hello One & All,

Has anyone seen a modification to a Fabia VRS where it's been converted into a convertible (roof-less) vehicle.

I have seen endless bits added all round, wheels changed,lowered suspension and tinted windows etc, some are really eye-catching.

I spotted a Fabia near my home that had a boot (didn't know such a car existed), and thought this would allow a fold-back roof space. Hmmm!!!

Please add/enter your findings and ideas.

Ian. 01/10/2009. :D:thumbup:

there was a VRS SE that had had one of those full length canvas roofs fitted and it looked good awful

and you didn't know the Fabia saloon existed? shame on you ;)

Ian, I think you may be on to something using the Saloon rather than the Hatch.. there's been a Fabia Hatch photoshop soft top around for ages on line that always looked odd.. I've just knocked togther a quick PS based on the Saloon.. and I recon it would have worked,

3976121813_79d5ee2938_o.jpg

That's the one I was thinking of :thumbup:

Fabia vRS Webasto Sunroof <<< CLICK HERE TO VIEW

Hello Brimma,

Nah! that looks naf/ job half done. What you really think??

Wind noise hitting all that squashed up roof material must be tremendous.

Thinking more along the lines where roof disappears into so-called boot/ or is completely removed like an hard-top.??

Ian. 06/10/2009. :cool:;)

There have been companies that have done such aftermarket things to cars in the past.

I know there are a few Felicia convertibles knocking around and the conversions were done by MTX. No reason to think they couldn't do the same with any other car. Although I think the costs of such a thing would be emmensely prohibitive!

I personally think that the Fabia saloon would look alright at a convertible although in a different colour to red and with a PD130 under the bonnet or 1.8t it would be a nice cruiser!

Phil

Skoda need a convertable of some sort.. Nearly every other car manufacturer now has one.

I saw a really nice looking Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet yesterday. I think Skoda are missing out on this now huge market! IMO

'Huge' in the UK maybe, but I think the stats are something like more convertibles sold in the UK than the rest of Europe put together. Residents of 'hot' countries are much happier to use air con!!! ;)

'Huge' in the UK maybe, but I think the stats are something like more convertibles sold in the UK than the rest of Europe put together. Residents of 'hot' countries are much happier to use air con!!! ;)

That's true.. but our motoring heritage leans on the top down side as well.. Triumphs and MG's ;) It's in our genes man!

so nearly ever other car manufacturer has got it wrong then? what happens when their aircon packs up!? not sure of your point other than your not a fan of convertables!

Err... Get it fixed?

Come on, how often do you see a convertible with the roof DOWN in this country? They are status symbols over here (and in the US), pure and simple, and as such Skoda are as likely to make a convertible as they are to make a coupe, an executive saloon or a luxury 4x4...

Still not saying it's my thing, but these came up on Google:

Mk 1:

7874-084340.jpg

Mk 2:

skoda%20fabia%20cabriolet.jpg

They could've at least got rid of the rear doorline on the second one! :rofl:

Hello ap0gee,

Many thanks for the photos, just exactly what I was looking for.

Prefer the MK 2 with wrap around headlights and 4 doors.

I knew if I kept asking someone would come-up with the goods.

Ian. 07/10/2009. :D:D:thumbup: