URGENT Weitec Help

Keefe

Nope! No squeaks or greasing. What the hell is up with your suspension!

Can you get some in-arch photos of the front and rear suspension so we could get a better idea? Or maybe someone who's already fitted could pop over and see you to get a better look.

Haha i know right? I've never had so many niggles with a susp. swap before.

I could try get some pics this weekend if i get some free time.

Are you sure your front top mount bearings are not F***ed. If you over tightened them in the first instance this could of damaged them as they are not that strong. If damaged they get seized then a whole load of other problems will arise like coil spring breakage. Most folks changed these bearings when fitting new suspension. Just a thought as the stress of the bearing not turning properly could be the reason your rubber top mounts are sqealing. God hope you get it sorted.

I would not be driving the car far with the issues you are having. A complete strip down seems on the cards

• 5 weeks later...

Thats exactly how mine are, however i'm not sure if one may be overtightened?

Are yours on really tight or fairly, almost finger tight?

The cups above the top mounts concern me slightly. Should there be a float gap between the cup and the suspension tower or should the cup be tight against it? Should the cup be able to be turned by hand or should the thing be locked solid?

mine is quite hard to turn by hand but can be done, there is a gap on mine too mate I think its normal as the std stuff is the same.

I dont have the nut in mine and mine is fimne apart from there is a lot of thread showing but I not too bothered, If the nut can be put on and finget tightened Ill do that then just tighten the top mount onto it so it doesnt move?

Thats exactly how mine are, however i'm not sure if one may be overtightened?

Are yours on really tight or fairly, almost finger tight?

The inner nut should be tight. i.e it has a 44Lb ft torque setting in the manual (i think)

So If you are using a spanner then you should be tightening it up to probably as far as you can go.

This would be safe to not damage the bearing/bearing housing.

If you are un sure I would buy a new set of bearings as these are cheap enough.