Button World Champion

vRS Carl

Congratulations Jenson, a job well done. Well deserved, well done to Rubens as well.

A great month for British drivers in fact – Kris Meeke IRC Champion, Dario Franchitti Indycar Champion, and now Jenson

Was out yesturday evening, only started watching it at 9pm last nigt, kept me awake though.

Well done Jenson and Brawn. Nice to see Rubi congratulating Jenson at the end.

And he also shows Beckham how to wear a beard without looking stupid!

:rofl:

I liked the way the mechanics seemed to drink at the same speed they change the tyres.

Nice of Brawn to mention all those that lost their jobs at the beginning of the year. Hopefully they will be able to afford to take some of them back on now (my nieces dad was one of those people).

well done jenson drove graet imo

the best bit of the race was when sutila and truli collided :rofl:

And afterwards when Eddie Jordan was accosted by that bint when he and David Coulthard were speaking in front of the team singing "Campione" :rofl:

The look of shock on his face was priceless

Edited by Brimma

I wonder what was going through Raikkonen's mind when he was suddenly confronted by Kovalainen spraying him with fuel. At least it burnt off quickly...

Yes, probably more scorch marks in his trousers.....

I wonder what was going through Raikkonen's mind when he was suddenly confronted by Kovalainen spraying him with fuel. At least it burnt off quickly...

"AARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHH!!!! I'M OOOONN FFIIIIIRRRREEE!!" :rofl:

Nice of Brawn to mention all those that lost their jobs at the beginning of the year. Hopefully they will be able to afford to take some of them back on now (my nieces dad was one of those people).

Indeed it was, and yes would be nice if they could They deserve it.

And was great to see Jenson take the title.

Next year could be a classic with LH, FA, Massa and Kimi all back in front line equipment Vs the red bulls and brawns.

Cant wait.

J

What struck me about the Brawn team and Jenson was that their approach was reminiscent of Forumla 1 before the Schumacher era when you'd roll up and give it your all without the back up of more computing power than a small central american republic to analyse every detail to the nth degree.

Compare Button's approach of "go for it" and the yell of relief upon passing Kobayashi with that of McLaren in 2008 when they reportedly spent £1M plus alone for that race in strategy research and reliability testing to make sure he would finish fifth. In the end it was the random intervention of rain at the second from last corner that got Lewis the title!

In saying that, given equal equipment and a straight race between Lewis and Button, I know where my money would be...

I note that JB is now favourite to be BBC Sports Personality of the Year :rolleyes:

I'm glad he won, but does he really deserve to be SPOTY?

Moving the debate on a bit, he wants how much to race next year ? Ridiculous. A driver's career is about 15 years which on a meagre £1.0m a year means he' ll have enough to retire on, even after paying his manager, sponsor all the hangers on etc etc.

I note that JB is now favourite to be BBC Sports Personality of the Year :rolleyes:

I'm glad he won, but does he really deserve to be SPOTY?

Absolutely:thumbup:, it has been a relatively quiet year for sporting heroes (often the case after the Olympic year). Besides, in past years some of the awards (team awards particularly) were a little………… er ………………. Financially advantageous, at least for the BBC and their sports coverage.

Absolutely:thumbup:, it has been a relatively quiet year for sporting heroes (often the case after the Olympic year). Besides, in past years some of the awards (team awards particularly) were a little………… er ………………. Financially advantageous, at least for the BBC and their sports coverage.

At least it'll give him one thing over Hamilton if he wins.

Didn't realise that Damon Hill won twice (94 & 96) and Mansell also won twice (86 & 92).

Have to say I'm struggling to think of any other sport where a Brit has excelled enough to justify being a valid contender.

Sad really :(

Have to say I'm struggling to think of any other sport where a Brit has excelled enough to justify being a valid contender.

Sad really :(

We have done spectacularly well in the World Triathlon Championships this month.:thumbup: