What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Good effort. Did consider these as a winter set on the Yeti.

If they were brand new, there's some transport film on them usually - so I tend to go easy for 50 miles or so just to get them bedded in a bit.

Cheers.

Ah right. Similar to bike tyres then. I usually give them 100 miles. But its abit less catastrophic in the car if you slide haha.

I'll have to give em a proper test when i get chance (:

Took it to Northallerton to the speed awareness course, told it to behave next time, it has ignored me since. Also booked it into VASStech on the 21st to get the MDI coded in, look at the connections on the loom and to try and see what caused the mirror to adjust its self.

Took it to Northallerton to the speed awareness course, told it to behave next time, it has ignored me since. Also booked it into VASStech on the 21st to get the MDI coded in, look at the connections on the loom and to try and see what caused the mirror to adjust its self.

Wont a local member code the MDI in?

A nice bloke off here coded mine in with no problems, didn't even want payment but i made him take something haha.

Took him all of about 10 minutes. If that.

Wont a local member code the MDI in?

A nice bloke off here coded mine in with no problems, didn't even want payment but i made him take something haha.

Took him all of about 10 minutes. If that.

I looked on the VCDS map and it looks like the nearest member that is still on the forum is around 25 miles away, which is close enough but since it has that dodgy connection and the mirror that needs looking at I thought I'd just get it done there while it's in.

• Like 1

Spent £12 on a puncture repair and £87 on a new tyre - MOT advisory a few weeks ago but couldn't justify the cost at the time. Tyre gets fitted on Monday.

Applied Gtechniq to the windows.

Cancelled my order for new tyres that has been sat on the my-tyres website in the state "we have received your order but cannot confirm delivery date" since before Xmas.

Purchased a new Nilfisk pressure washer to replace my 15 year old Karcher which has finally given up and sprung a leak.  I wanted to try it out but the gale force winds and rain soon stopped that from happening.

Replaced one of the 10 for a fiver LED sidelight bulbs that had started flickering like a good 'un.... They do get a lot of hammer though at this time of year seeing as for around 7 months of the year i drive to and from work in the dark every day which means about 80% or more of my total driving during that time is done in the dark. :)

Replaced one of the 10 for a fiver LED sidelight bulbs that had started flickering like a good 'un.... They do get a lot of hammer though at this time of year seeing as for around 7 months of the year i drive to and from work in the dark every day which means about 80% or more of my total driving during that time is done in the dark. :)

Yep - I've got one starting to flicker as well - it's just one smd though in a group so, whilst noticable I'll leave it for a while....   I'm thinkning of switching to Cree LEDs and cancellers anyway (I have non canbus Cree in the Civic and they seem much more reliable than the ones with multiple SMD's).

Got it absolutely filthy driving round about 200 miles of country roads within 15 miles of home, then filled it back up with fuel. This job searching thing isn't as bad as they say it is. Not much luck yet though unfortunately.

Checked the oil to find it was over filled after Wednesday's service, gave the inside a good clean and....

Found a dent on the rear o/s panel below the windows. [emoji35]

Nothin.

Other than drivin it and getting wound up at the state of sheffields roads. Again.

Like an off-road course.

Tell me about it ... The Amey and SCC repair teams have been out about 8 times to the road in front of us since Christmas. Trouble is they only ever use a bucket of black to fill the pothole and then heel it in so a few days later its out again.

Tell me about it ... The Amey and SCC repair teams have been out about 8 times to the road in front of us since Christmas. Trouble is they only ever use a bucket of black to fill the pothole and then heel it in so a few days later its out again.

They need the sack.

Are you familiar with the road coming out of sheff onto the tops out towards buxton? The one at the top of eccy road, if you keep on going.

Theres a stretch there just before the speed camera. Its soo bumpy i feel really bad for the car as it rattles its way across the road.

Doesnt matter how slow you go, its always cringey.

Pee's me off every time

Picked up a 65" curved tv and it actually fit (in the box) in the back of the yeti. I was well impressed!!

With seats folded down I must add.

Picked up a 65" curved tv and it actually fit (in the box) in the back of the yeti. I was well impressed!!

With seats folded down I must add.

The awkward moment when youve bought the tv, you're in the carpark but you dont know if its gonna fit yet.

I've had that. Fortunately it fit for me too haha

• Like 1

The awkward moment when youve bought the tv, you're in the carpark but you dont know if its gonna fit yet.

I've had that. Fortunately it fit for me too haha

Yeah it was a bit hairy and I had to drive closer to the steering wheel than I had hoped lol.

But it was all good in the end.

• Like 1