What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Took both of them to Bedgebury Pinetum with Mrs H, Sam, the dog plus one of Mrs H's friends and her two kids in the Octy. I got the Fabia and enjoyed listening to Radio 3.

Demonstrated the value of winter tyres since on a back road the Octy who is winter shod laughed in the face of puddles and splashes frozen over the road whilst the Fabia, still on the OEM Turanza slid around two corners and went up a straight with the ESP working furiously.

Got back to have an exhausted wife hug me and exclaim that I really needed to clean the car. Basically the mummy friend and her two kids and spread sand and mud around the back of the car. [emoji35]

Washed about 2 months worth of dirt of the Octavia! Almost forgot what colour it was :p

Also added another Briskoda sticker as I have just renewed my Freedom, aswell as one more sticker :)

IMAG0358_zpsa84519b8.jpg

IMAG0359_zps571cebca.jpg

• Like 1

Washed about 2 months worth of dirt of the Octavia! Almost forgot what colour it was :p

Also added another Briskoda sticker as I have just renewed my Freedom, aswell as one more sticker :)

IMAG0358_zpsa84519b8.jpg

IMAG0359_zps571cebca.jpg

Not a fan of putting decals on the paint work make sure you dont park it in direct sunlight :D

Not a fan of putting decals on the paint work make sure you dont park it in direct sunlight :D

Fair enough. I'm not horrendously worried about that at the moment! (That will probably come back to bite me though!!) :)

• Like 1

Fair enough. I'm not horrendously worried about that at the moment! (That will probably come back to bite me though!!) :)

Used to be a big problem on the Royal Mail vans but they dont keep them long enough now for the sun to effect the paint work. They used to keep them till the red looked pink ahah , remove the decals to sell and it looked awful !

The main problem was that back then, the Royal Mail vans were Vauxhall Combos -- Vauxhall flame red is notorious for fading badly. We used to have a flame red Corsa and it was a nightmare to keep the right colour, needing waxing nearly every time it was washed.

Mike

I was thinking more along the lines of the old LDV's and Transits but now you mention it the combos do look awful 

7177910729_ccbbddaa04_b_zps19034cea.jpg

8346800040_ca22d0a3bc_z_zps61f31399.jpg

I cleaned it yesterday. You could see white building up on the bonnet from all the salt. Hoovered the stones out of the footwell and washed the mat off, pumped the tyres up to pressure and then took the radio out, disconnected the MDI loom and put the radio back in. I now have a clear sounding radio. I'll get it booked in sometime after the holidays, probably next Saturday or the one after and then connect it up again before I take it in.

i took mine for its 1st bath in my ownership & re discovered it is blue not **** brown after all....im so glad i bought & fitted rubber mats

What mats did you go for :) im still using the fabric ones and they seem to be holding up pretty well going to replace them soon with genuine ones and put rubber ones over them :)

Swapped the front wheels to the back and back to front, currently done 38.5k miles on original tyres so should get at least another 30k from this set now that front still have 6.5mm and rears on 3.5mm....hating the poor grip levels from the Dunlop Sport Maxx GTs but can't justify changing with this amount of rubber still to burn!

Took advantage of a reasonably mild and dry day to wash my Citigo and Mrs T's Fabia and give all the windows, lights and mirrors a layer of Rain-X. Also managed to get some Sonax BSD on the Citigo. Down side to cleaning is that I've noticed a couple of stone chips on the front - grrrrrrrrrr.

Swapped the front wheels to the back and back to front, currently done 38.5k miles on original tyres so should get at least another 30k from this set now that front still have 6.5mm and rears on 3.5mm....hating the poor grip levels from the Dunlop Sport Maxx GTs but can't justify changing with this amount of rubber still to burn!

Whaa! 38k? How?

Even my 1.2 has nearly done a set of fronts bridgestone turanza's in 15k.

Those dunlops must be plastic? Maybe thats why they dont grip?

Whaa! 38k? How?

I've about warn out my front right tyre in under 8K. I love that corner :D

Cheap crap tyres though, next time it'll be getting something decent on.

I've about warn out my front right tyre in under 8K. I love that corner :D

Cheap crap tyres though, next time it'll be getting something decent on.

Haa. Good effort!

Im having some goodyear vector 4 seasons fitted tomorrow.

Hoping I'll be impressed! For £340 anyway.

Haa. Good effort!

Im having some goodyear vector 4 seasons fitted tomorrow.

Hoping I'll be impressed! For £340 anyway.

This corner on the way to work. 50-55 on a dry day bit of tyre squeal and go.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.3422964,-1.6910578,3a,75y,179.33h,85.1t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s9PHSrrObctNJbhHcqRfA_A!2e0

Doesn't look as steep as it is in real life though.

There is another corner that's good for about 75 too. That's a leftie as well.

They are crap tyres though. As soon as it gets wet they have a fear of tarmac. They're good through big puddles though, never had any problems going through puddles.

The front right has about 1mm left before it's down to the marker though so I'll get something better.

• Like 1

Whaa! 38k? How?

70% on the motorway but even so a good effort on the mileage front, beats my record on a pair of CS5s which was 32k on the front of the Superb! The Dunlops are cr@p tyres though, would not recommend them unless you are very light footed!
  • Like 1