What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

They need the sack.

Are you familiar with the road coming out of sheff onto the tops out towards buxton? The one at the top of eccy road, if you keep on going.

Theres a stretch there just before the speed camera. Its soo bumpy i feel really bad for the car as it rattles its way across the road.

Doesnt matter how slow you go, its always cringey.

Pee's me off every time

If you mean A625 Hathersage Road out towards The Dore Moor by Long Line and Cross Lane then yes – I know it well  as I live that end of town and have nearly been caught by cameras there a few times!

However, I can think of worse stretches of road in and around Sheffield – try Archer Road down by Ulverston Rd near Sainsburys for example or the top end of Hutcliffe Wood Road near the Cemetry – there’s pretty much none of the original wearing course left on stretches and even at 20 it’s shaking the car to bits.  You can even see how bad it is on Streetview!

• Like 1

Prepped and protected winter wheels with sealant (Jeff's Prime) and wax (Collinite 476S) and swapped over to the new style wheel badges. Look much better I think [emoji106] 158aaaf20d95e01fcea42f0973466ed0.jpgfe77876e4f4391ae1211d6e8c200e683.jpg

Now ready for Michelin Alpin 5 fitment tomorrow [emoji41]

• Like 4

Prepped and protected winter wheels with sealant (Jeff's Prime) and wax (Collinite 476S) and swapped over to the new style wheel badges. Look much better I think [emoji106]

Now ready for Michelin Alpin 5 fitment tomorrow [emoji41]

How are you getting on with the Yeti?

• Like 1

Looking good Steve

Followed it for a couple hundred yards and missed the little turbo. Wife is taking it to work for a service and not a cambelt, keep telling her  :D

I got the little Jazz 1.4 sport which is very slow but a nice drive so worked on upping her mpg figures as usual

• Like 1

How are you getting on with the Yeti?

Really well; enjoying the traction :)

Economy's not as good as I thought really (hovering around 40-41mpg and not much beyond 44mpg on a run at 70-75). And I find the gearing a bit odd compared with the Octy.

Lack of space compared with the Octy caught me out a bit at Christmas, but then pretty much anything isn't going to be as good!

• Like 1

Been told by my wife that this evening I shall be taking a flat off....of course it would be on the car with the winters on, and which, as yet has a summer spare tyre only after the garage split a winter when from steels to alloys so I gave them the spare to use....and have had no money to order the new winter spare.  :wall:

Changed the wing mirror glass, prised it out, disconnected one of the 'grips' that I assume was for the heating element, the other however wasn't as happy and decided to snap off. A quick bit of wire stripping and then passing said wire through the well thought out hole in the 'clip', voila. Sorted. Everything seems so well thought out on these Skoda's. There is room, room for altering things slightly, the wing mirror 'housing' as a great example, I would of had plenty of space to fit a connector (the type you would see in household electrics). The simplicity of everything is such an aid to DIY repairs.

Big thumbs up from me for the mk1 Skoda Fabia.

JRJG

^What the gentleman above said^

Took it to ATS and discovered the flat is not repairable. Bugger.

Emptied the boot, dried the spare wheel well and then have the rear wiper jet a long squirt to see if anything was leaking. Nothing, so the water is coming from elsewhere. Removed the boot trim about the lock to see if there was an obvious wiring reason as to why the boot lights do not work. Nothing obvious so will replace the bubs and then the 'box' that holds the on/off for the lights.