Octavia vRS 225bhp upgrade

WayneH

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered before. I am new here and have not had chance to read all the stickys etc yet. I have noticed that the WRC versions of the Octavia vRS are 225bhp. Are the engines on these identical to the 180bhp versions? i.e. are the internals the same, is the standard intercooler good enough for the remap?

TIA

Wayne

Hi All' date='

Apologies if this has been covered before. I am new here and have not had chance to read all the stickys etc yet. I have noticed that the WRC versions of the Octavia vRS are 225bhp. Are the engines on these identical to the 180bhp versions? i.e. are the internals the same, is the standard intercooler good enough for the remap?

TIA

Wayne[/quote']

Wayne,

The engine in the WRC variant as far as I know is the same as the vRS.It is capable of 225-230 using Jabba custom re-map and with optional use of full Turbo back 2.5 inch exhaust and LAN intake will improve this by up to 20. No need for change in IC unless using long and hard in hot day conditions - IMO.

Chris

Cool, thanks guys. I suspect the first things on my shopping list will be exhaust, remap and filter.

Think the missus will kill me if I start tinkering too early after getting it though :rolleyes: . Look what happened to the Rover :rofl:

Remapping or chipping gives about 220bhp. Each tunner claims a bit more or less but at the end of the day they are all bound to be the same-ish.

None (apart from Superchips) will make your car go bang - the bad press would ruin any good mapper.

I've gone the Jabba route c/w a boost controller (230bhp on Jabba's rollers) and sports cat Milteck system (+10-15bhp) and am happy with the performance. It's enough for a front wheel driver.

Steve

can't wait for the fmic GB to come to fruition(spangly word that one) so i can go from standard to re-map, fmic, nice big air type pipes, new DP, new exhaust and boost controller. should a bit of difference, maybe ;)

can't wait for the fmic GB to come to fruition(spangly word that one) so i can go from standard to re-map, fmic, nice big air type pipes, new DP, new exhaust and boost controller. should a bit of difference, maybe ;)

Wouldn't bother with the FMIC if I were you, very expensive for minimal gains in hot conditions IF its remapped for it. You'd be better off spending the money on better brakes and strut braces.

Chris

Thanks for the info guys :thumbup:

Got to get the car first though. As some you may have seen, my car is not deing delivered for another 6 to 8 weeks now :(

Very interesting to know that some dealers will do the chip/re-map. Do they still honour the warranty on engine components if they do the chip/re-map?

Ok, so do guys on here consider remapping the vRS to somewhere IRO 220-230bhp a "safe" upgrade? How strong is the bottom end on the vRS?

The standard internals are generally considered to be OK for up to 350 bhp, some people even go to 400 , hard to believe I know. The remap will give a max of 220-230, for much more you need to start digging deep into your pockets for Turbo upgrades, Nitrous etc & then you need stronger Clutches, Gearboxes etc. Its called the slippery slope by many

If you are remapping choose a reputable company. If you do a search on this site you will find its been discussed at length & various names constantly reapear as either good or not so good.

I had my Octy remapped by Jabba at about 8000 miles, also has modded suspension, brakes, Exhaust, DV Intercooler etc & is probably in the 240-250 bhp range. The rest of Engine is bog standard. The car now has over 30000 very hard miles on it including some visits to the track & has done 2 Cannonball runs, came 19th & 16th & it still runs like a dream.

Welcome to the slippery slope :thumbup:

JBS found 350hp and more importantly 380lbft to be the 'self destruct' level for the standard RS engine but even that was after quite a period of time I believe and driven, how do I put it, like an Astra Max Van on hire!

• 2 years later...