Tyre choice

btwellz

Hi I need to change my rear tyres as there close to the limit! I have a VRS Octavia just wondering if it's worth going for 215/45 17 oppose to the standard tyre size? Has any body else done this? Any experiences would be great!! What make would you recomend? Price ect?

Hi I need to change my rear tyres as there close to the limit! I have a VRS Octavia just wondering if it's worth going for 215/45 17 oppose to the standard tyre size? Has any body else done this? Any experiences would be great!! What make would you recomend? Price ect?

I'm sure someone will be along with the exact details, but.......I think it is far cheaper if changing the size from OEM to go 225/45.

I've heard the Pirelli Rosso Neros are good!!!!!

I'm sure someone will be along with the exact details' date=' but.......I think it is far cheaper if changing the size from OEM to go 225/45.

I've heard the Pirelli Rosso Neros are good!!!!![/quote']

Got Goodyear eagle F1's 225/45/17 not bad tyres I have to say, and they look better than the dunlops fitted as standard.

:thumbup::D :bttt: :boing: :boing:

225/45 is the correct size, you will induce a small speedo error by going for 215.

No problems changing the tyre size, I have been running 225/45x17 for sometime now on the standard wheels.

I ran the AVS Sports for a while. Wore fairly quick (although not as quick as the Toyos) Good turn in in the dry, washed out relatively early, but still pretty good (one of the better directionals I tried on mine). OK in the wet, again better than the Toyos. Good stiff sidewalls as well, which cut down on wall deflection. Downside is that it made them harsher than the F1s.

225/45 are fine, had them on mine for 128,000 miles with no problems :D

Ive got some of the new toyo T1-R on the front of mine.. and am very impressed... they aer much better than the S that they replace... especially in the dry!. they haev a stiffer sidewall too so the steering feels more direct :)

The latest Autocar tyre test rated the Goodyear F1 GSD3 top due to it's excellent wet weather characteristics.

The Bridgestone Pole Position RE030 came second over all...was second to the F1 in all the wet weather test but was top in the dry tests.

I've run Pirelli Rossos and now F1...like them both. Will probably try out the Bridgestones next...their a little cheaper than the F1s.

Where do you buy yours from? Do you get them online and have them fitted locally, if so could you give me a link to a good supplier.

I normally get mine from Micheldever...they're only about 10 minutes from me.

Online companies do work out initially cheaper but once you add in fitting they seem to cost a little more.

As a form of a shameless plug....why not contat Phil (pivuk34).....he works for Merityre inThame but can arrange price for you at any local Merityre branch.