Big up Mr K

devonutopia

Forgive me for being a little sentimental but this is the kind of thing Briskoda means to me, and maybe to a lot of others.

I've recently been farting (hope that passes the spell-modder) around with my ICE and seemed to lose the switchable live option after some re-wiring of speakers... I put a help post out, a certain meKKanic pipes up, mentions about the interior light, I confirm, he says its the s-contact, I say is it? He says yes, I say I was hoping it was a fuse, he says look at #10 (bearing in mind I blew #45 and replaced it) and sure to God this one has blown as well.

I'm still no nearer to knowing what the "S" stands for in s-contact but mr K deserve a big pat on the back for this problem solving ablility in my case, saved me what could have been a lot of dealer labour, and left me with a "Damn I'm glad the day I signed up to Briskoda" feeling in my mouth

Thanks

One happy Skoda owner.

(and in all seriousness, with the audio sounding "good" now I've switched the amp to high pass, there's little left bugging me about my car! :eek: Damn! :D)

Good work (Skoda technical support on here is first class ;) )

S Contact can cause all sorts of problems. It quite common for the little pin to stick in, this then tells the car the keys are still in the ignition, which quite often means things light the CDL wont work at all and the radio doesnt switch off on its own.

Glad you finally happy Jason with the little Fabia...lol

I'll praise K's help too. Long story, but stuck in France about to come home from a day crossing with a bathroom suite in the octy. Filled up at the station with diesel and then found a "leak" under the car. Not the most enjoyable experience when you have to clear the rear seats, attempt a fix with no toolkit, in the dark with it peeing down with rain with a boat to catch in 1 hours :eek: The diesel stench was the icing on the cake

Reminds me, I still owe him a crate of beer :D

I'll praise K's help too. Long story' date=' but stuck in France about to come home from a day crossing with a bathroom suite in the octy. Filled up at the station with diesel and then found a "leak" under the car. Not the most enjoyable experience when you have to clear the rear seats, attempt a fix with no toolkit, in the dark with it peeing down with rain with a boat to catch in 1 hours :eek: The diesel stench was the icing on the cake

Reminds me, I still owe him a crate of beer :D[/quote']

So what was the problem then Xav? You digressed. ;)

I'll praise K's help too. Long story, but stuck in France about to come home from a day crossing with a bathroom suite in the octy.:D

:rofl: in stiches here..again...you lot are the limit :rofl:

Heard of everything now....just nippin' over to France for a bathroom siute luv...you know..as you do!! :rofl:

Or driving up to the Wirral to help out some one with Russian Beasts on their pc? Must be mad :rofl:

Or just nipping down to asda :rofl: . Hi Alex and CJ, yep its me, still not dead yet, just manicaly busy :)

Jonno(could be on here for more than 2 nanoseconds today)

Hi Jonno I have been bl00dy busy as well what with starting a new job and other things. I have just today off till next thurs so need to get posting :D

Hope everythings ok at work, just posted similar on other forum, so i'll keep in touch :thumbup:

Jonno(still barkin btw :D )

PS My boss Jason broken anything lately? :rofl:

Hope everythings ok at work' date=' just posted similar on other forum, so i'll keep in touch :thumbup:

Jonno(still barkin btw :D )

PS My boss Jason broken anything lately? :rofl:[/quote']

Yep - blew a 20A and 5A fuse, which this thread is kind of about, as K helped me root out the problem. :thumbup:

Nothing serious though :D

Yep - blew a 20A and 5A fuse' date=' which this thread is kind of about, as K helped me root out the problem. :thumbup:

Nothing serious though :D[/quote']

Hi Jase, sorry kinda got off subject but i've not had chance to get on here much, so trying to catch up a bit. Take it you've moved now, hope it all went smoothly, never does though, does it. Be down in newquay early next year, for a week, so praps we could meet, if it's not too far from you. My turn to break something this time eh :rofl:

Jonno.

Strange you say that Jonno but when I met up with Jason 'down there' the drivers side electric window went TU on the Octy, must be Jason's influence :rofl:

:rofl: , nice one Alex, he does seem to have some sort of supernatural influence, doesn't he :eek: . Anyroadup what octy's this then?

Jonno.

My old Octy might be piccies in my gallery? Did you get the PM?

Yea just read and replied. Can ring you later when you're offline if you want, got a bit of catching up to do

Jonno(could have some barkin news, but i let it slip on another post)

:rofl: Alex - It wasn't me! ;) Although I've had similar psychic electrical destruction whilst sat in various mate's cars... qute spooky it is sometimes. :eek:

yeah, Jonno, I've moved to new place by the sea - and very happy. Lemme know anytime you're popping down the M5 - no longer at Okehampton, would have to meet around Exeter. :D

:rofl: Alex - It wasn't me! ;) Although I've had similar psychic electrical destruction whilst sat in various mate's cars... qute spooky it is sometimes. :eek:

yeah' date=' Jonno, I've moved to new place by the sea - and very happy. Lemme know anytime you're popping down the M5 - no longer at Okehampton, would have to meet around Exeter. :D[/quote']

Any update on the housewarming meet :D