Even bigger brakes.....

Steevie Wonder

I'm going off on one again......

Now I've a set of sexual 18" rims on the way I will be upgrading my brakes, again.

I'm going the whole way this times with the rears too!

• Front: 360mm two piece floating discs (vented & grooved) with my existing AP 6 pot callipers & modified brackets.
  • Rear: 330mm two piece floating discs (vented & grooved) with OEM rear callipers & modified brackets. Look HERE for a link.

Ferodo 'DS2500' pads all round with AP Super dot 4 fluid.

Should be effective!

Will post pics when I get hold of the bits and bobs.

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

I'm going off on one again......

Now I've a set of sexual 18" rims on the way I will be upgrading my brakes, again.

I'm going the whole way this times with the rears too!

• Front: 360mm two piece floating discs (vented & grooved) with my existing AP 6 pot callipers & modified brackets.
  • Rear: 330mm two piece floating discs (vented & grooved) with OEM rear callipers & modified brackets. Look HERE for a link.

Ferodo 'DS2500' pads all round with AP Super dot 4 fluid.

Should be effective!

Will post pics when I get hold of the bits and bobs.

Steve

Sweeeeeeeet!!!

lol 330mm rears are HUGE!!!!!

330mm rears :o , would that not be abit excessive. i suppose its down to driving style i suppose, i like to trail brake sometimes so would prefer a looser back end. i plan on uprating my rears to 310 S3 vented discs once i get my self a bbk.

if your a starightline braker though 330 rears 360 fronts wil be immense

i cant resist...........

So you like a loose back end then :giggle:

On a serious note they would be immense, will you not need to uprate the mc to cope?

Edited by sweedish

i cant resist...........

So you like a loose back end then :giggle:

On a serious note they would be immense, will you not need to uprate the mc to cope?

love it, to tight is boring, i like to swing it around a bit

Some prefer to pot the difficult brown instead of the easy pink....... Not me though!!!

Anyway......back on track!

I'm getting these guys to sort my front discs and possibly a bigger MC out.

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

lol yes back on track!

They look like they know what thy are doing.

You seen badger 5s stuff steve just out of interest?

You are not changing the calipers are you? just reread your post, if you have good pedal feel now you shouldnt need to upgrade.

Hows the new turbo by the way?

lol yes back on track!

They look like they know what thy are doing.

You seen badger 5s stuff steve just out of interest?

You are not changing the calipers are you? just reread your post, if you have good pedal feel now you shouldnt need to upgrade.

Hows the new turbo by the way?

The MC is fine at moment, but it's a possibility for the future...

Have emailed Bill (Badger5) regarding the rear brakes, would like a twin calliper set up.......if not I'll be going down the 330mm compbrake kit from Awesome.

The car is running great thanks! Haven't booked it in yet for the final map, i'm in no rush and I haven't been able to stick many more miles on the clock lately due to the weather. Mid February will prob be the time for all of that! B) Will update the project journal then.

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

It's all plumbed in, but it will only be activated when its given the final remap (Map controlled). Want 3-4k on the clock before it is finally tweaked.

Steve

come on then get some milesuncder your belt, i wanna see the results, whos mapping it, and will yoube having a swirchable map in case you run out of mixture etc

come on then get some milesuncder your belt, i wanna see the results, whos mapping it, and will you be having a swichable map in case you run out of mixture etc

The car doesn't get used when its icey/snowy etc. I use my wifes 4x4 instead, dont want to risk some n0b sliding into me!

Mapping will be Jabba (of course!!) The meth system is on a switch so it can simply be turned off if I run out of juice mid-journey.

Steve

Rears have been ordered courtesy of Sarah @ Awesome!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Will sort fronts when I have a little more time on my hands.

Will start a new thread for the rears once I get them. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

The car doesn't get used when its icey/snowy etc. I use my wifes 4x4 instead, dont want to risk some n0b sliding into me!

Mapping will be Jabba (of course!!) The meth system is on a switch so it can simply be turned off if I run out of juice mid-journey.

Steve

by switchable map, i meant if your car is being custom remapped to utilise the meth, and the extra timing it can run, when you switch it off, you could get some serious problems as your timing will then be out. So i was wandering if you had a nother map that could be loaded on.

none of that will be an issue if its running as a stand alone mod ontop of your normal map.

by switchable map, i meant if your car is being custom remapped to utilise the meth, and the extra timing it can run, when you switch it off, you could get some serious problems as your timing will then be out. So i was wandering if you had a nother map that could be loaded on.

none of that will be an issue if its running as a stand alone mod ontop of your normal map.

Good point :thumbup:

WIll ask Brian/Michael @ Jabba when I contact them next.

I don't think they sound like they'll be big enough Steve... :o

;)

Should I go for 19" with 395mm's?! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

well i got the ultimatum off the missus today. Im forbidden to make the engine any more powerful, or she wont drive it, and ill have to buy another car and my modding funds will be ero then if im running two cars.

So sarcastically i said well F*ck ya then, ill do all the handling and brakes then, and she sad ok as long as i dont touch the engine.

So........

she's buying me these for me as an early birthday present.

657RS4_sport_brakes.jpg

Audi B5 RS4 360x32 Twin pot calipers.

deposit has already been sent :rofl: (total cost one fitted and with new discs, braided hoses etc way less than a grand). New 2 piece 360x32mm discs can be had for £350 which is cheaper than the AP BBK replacements and not to over priced, and on top of that there is a multitude of pads available for the caliper.

Had a look at a few different options,

until recently I had a set of 345mm R32 brakes, which were mega heavy, but i sold it to buy my cat back, mainly as there isnt much scope for perfomance track pads available for them, and some guys who do heavy track work have complained of fade on them, so i looked into the setup such as shark_90's vRS with the porsche 997 4 pots, and 350 mm discs( but spacers required, and discs are real heavy, although cheap).

they fit under OEM wheels with no spacers required which is a bonus.

Edited by vRSy