steel wheels

Pud

Have just decided to get a set of steel wheels for my 2.0 tdi 4X4 to fit winter tyres, yes I know a bit late but will be ready for next winter. The spare I have at the moment is a full size wheel with 205 55 16 91V tyre. I know that my dealer should supply the correct size of steel wheel but am interested as looking at my spare wheel it has the following markings on the inside:-

VW AG, 1K0601 027A, SRD DE 163902, 61/2JX16H2 ET50, DIN V1 19 07. I understood that the Octy used 6.5 J 16 wheels. Anybody got any ideas what these figures signify in regard to size?

Does the 4x4 not have 15" alloys as standard? Would you not be better (cheaper) with 15" steel wheels and winter tyres?

No, mines a French model, has 16" Apollons as standard.

Could do you a cracking deal on a set of 16" alloys fitted with avon ice tourings. Both brand new. Bought them for my car and realised id be happier with 17's, its a big difference all the extra sidewall when im used to 18 40 245

Drop me a PM if your interested

Could do you a cracking deal on a set of 16" alloys fitted with avon ice tourings. Both brand new. Bought them for my car and realised id be happier with 17's, its a big difference all the extra sidewall when im used to 18 40 245

Drop me a PM if your interested

Would they fit the 2.0 TFSI ?

I just acquired some 16 inch wheels from ebay to fit winter tyres. Trouble is they came fitted with a set of impeccable Bridgestone Turanzas (205/55R16 91V). I suppose I can use them for the summer and then change them over to winter tyres in December. Another way might be to flog the tyres I suppose - not sure how many people would buy 2nd hand tyres though?