Genuine VCDS (AKA Vag Com) Hex + Can USB inter-forum Group Buy 2010.

gadgetman

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Simon, Can I have a refund please as I fancy the case and contents, sorry for all of the hassel this GB has caused you (and your misses) and I hope you are recovering without too much pain, I bet you wished you hadn't started all of this. Thanks once again. cheers - Stuart :clap:

With regret, I'm going to have to pull out too. I'll PM bank details.

I can't justify this as I now need the cash for a new ECU :'(

No reflection on the vat mistake. In actual fact it's worked out nicely for me as I can now free up the cash for my forthcoming repair bill.

Thanks for the all your hard work, hope you're on the mend.

Simon

still in, I have sent you an extra £29 to bring my total up to £236

sorry for all the grief you've had, hope you're on the mend after the op too.

cheers for all your hard work

Domhnall

I am still in, and I have transferred the additional £34 but if there is a possibility of a better price, then we ought to take it.

I need to do some research in the ilexa option.

AFAIK no one but rosstech makes their cables end of. But I'm hearing they make them, here in the UK but not badged as Ross tech. So are they still gen cables which is what this GB is for?????

As previous, the other distributors didnt give a competitive quote, any at all, or some time after everyone was happy with the one accepted in the feeler thread.

If everyone wants to deal with someone else, then I think it's best someone else starts this GB again and I refund everyone what they've paid if they send me their details. Sorry but people want cables ASAP, and this has already taken up nearly 2 months of evenings away from SWMBO and by baby daughter.

Not trying to be awkward, or shirk righting the error made, but I'm mobile all day and not at a desk to make the changes people want happen when they want it. It's simply not possible for me to restart all this again and drag it on for another 2+ weeks.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I ONLY go for Genuine VCDS (VAG COM) from ROSS-Tech. with their warranty and support please

Thanks Simon for all your efforts and Hope all works our fine.. and a speedy recovery!:--))

If everyone wants to deal with someone else, then I think it's best someone else starts this GB again and I refund everyone what they've paid if they send me their details.

I've sent my £34 (subject to the banks doing their stuff) and I'm happy to stick with the original arrangement. I think it will get very complex to change things at this stage...

Thanks for all the work you've done so far. :thumbup:

With regards to Illexa and they make cables, this comes from a members PM to me:

Hi

The guy I spoke to at Sab Distribution actually suggested I contact ILexa Onboard as they make the cables in the UK and therefore have no shipping costs etc....and they do not have Ross Tech label on them.

I confirmed this with ILexa Onboard and I asked him if there was any difference in the cables funtionality. he said none. I then asked if it looked any different in appearance and he said instead of it saying Ross Tech , it says something else I can't remeber now. but I had to ask the right questions to get this answer and I did have a heads up from Sab Distribution, who actually said that they had done group buys before.

That could explain why they are so flexible with their price as Adzul has found out. I would be interested to see what NHN can come up with and from who ?

I can only trust this info is genuine, and as such draw members to the following:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_3.html#3.3

On this info I'm not happy to run a GB for gen cables, which if they're not could easily be disabled my a future software update from Ross Tech. I'd certainly be mighty annoyed if this happened and all of us ended up with a dud cable.

They could well have licence to make them. But Bruce from RT has always said the only Gen ones bear the RT name and are supplied from them to end users and distributors.

NHN, let me clarify me declining your offer. Not sure who you work for, but I received 3 quotes that would better their sale price. One didnt offer that good a discount, one did (V-tech and was available for any follow up questions etc) and the other arrived after things started rolling. One other only replied about 2 weeks ago, asking me to call. Some 6 weeks after quotes were sought.

If you could have offered anything why not then?

Dont want to turn this into a fight with NHN, but felt based on the PM's asking why I should state my position with you to save my fingers!

I still have a quote that's valid, for gen cables standing even after all this mess that's better than prices one member got for similar numbers. If everyone want to call it quits, I'll refund those that wish. If people want cables where I can place an order next Wed, then send me the difference as previously stated and we'll wrap things up for all our sanities with an order placed next wed for those that have sent me the diff. Everyone missing the deadline, and those that havent responded to Mondays PM will get a refund if I have enough cheques left.

We're going round in circles, which wont get anyone a cable in reasonable timescales.

And for clarity, I will only refund anyone that wants to start a fresh GB with another distributor. I will not transfer such a large sum to a third party even if absolved of responsibility. That's a whole new GB to me, and someone elses headache accordingly.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I want my life back from this as I'm sure everyone can agree. I can then take my place in GB history accordingly.

Simon.

Simon (Gadgetman) - I don't think it would be a good idea to transfer all the money that has been sent to you to someone else, especially someone you don't know. I'm suspicious of anyone muscling in at this late stage to try and get the money transferred to them.

Go for the genuine Ross-Tech cable otherwise there could be a lot of disappointed customers if they don't work!

Mac

Edited by Mac1961