got a build date

At last, after ordering the vRS on 2nd Jan, have now got a build date for week 10 (w/c 8th March)... so hopefully will be picking up before the end of March.

At least Feb is a short month to get through...

At last, after ordering the vRS on 2nd Jan, have now got a build date for week 10 (w/c 8th March)... so hopefully will be picking up before the end of March.

Excellent news Sean :party:

Still waiting for a build date for my "Blue Bullet", although I ordered it end of Jan,

I expect it'll be end of March or beginning of April.

The good news is that my Pug is behaving itself at the moment.

Trying to find some furry burberry dice and an illuminated Jesus for the dash.

Hey Spudhoolio, we know where you are at! Ordered our vRS 1 Feb, also thanking our lucky stars that our 307sw is behaving (for now!!!). No build date for us yet either :(

Hey Spudhoolio, we know where you are at! Ordered our vRS 1 Feb, also thanking our lucky stars that our 307sw is behaving (for now!!!). No build date for us yet either :(

I went from ill tempered Pug 307 to FL CR VRS ... you won't be dissappointed!

Waiting for VRS to be delivered was the worst part ... Pug's dashboard lighting up like a 70's disco

Enjoy

Sorry if I sound a bit of a numpty but how do you guys find out about when your build date is? Place my order on the 31st of Jan.

Two ways,

Ring your dealer every week and ask, problem with this is the salesman can not normally be bothered to spend time going into the Skoda order computer or are denied access to it. You might have to go through to the sales admin dept.

What you really need is the comms number(order no). Once you have this ring Skoda Uk and ask them to check the order status, at first you might be fobbed off and told to go back to your dealer. Tell them dealer is unable to give you the info etc.

When I ordered mine Skoda and the whole VAG group were changing computers so I had to go to the dealer admin dept. Eventually I was ringing once a week to SUK.

You will find in the early stages of your order that the build date fluctuates quite a bit, it seems to become more firm about 4 weeks before actual build date.

From build to you collecting should be about 3 weeks

Skoda must be the only main stream manufacturer that has a waiting list :thumbup:

If it was a Ford it would be outside waiting before you signed for it :giggle:

Alas not true. Just bought a Seat Leon Emocion tdi ( to supplement the vrs) - ordered 21 Sept collected 5 February!

Ordered mine on the 28th still waiting for my build date, my Volvo s40 is up for sale this week so that'll be gone soon (thank god) going to be driving around the scrappage car (a clapped out 106 1.1) till it arrives, im a big lad at 6ft 2" its going to look like an orange riding around on a 2 pence piece. At least it'll give local drivers a laugh!

I've still got to sell my current car (05 Astra). I'll wait a few weeks until I'm about two weeks away from picking it up.

Else I'll end up sharing the Corsa with the misuss. Prefer to use the bus then share the car with her! :p

Snap!

I've been given a build date of Week 10 as well - I ordered at the end of Jan though!

Alas not true. Just bought a Seat Leon Emocion tdi ( to supplement the vrs) - ordered 21 Sept collected 5 February!

Seat have always been extemely bad with deliveries, going back 3 - 4 years 18 -20 weeks not uncommon.

Anyway, week 10 seems to be the favourite at the mo, had that week before I changed my order to include silever roof rails, went out to week 14.... :'(

Nevr mind, did say that the weeks do change in the early satges so hopefully come tomorrow wiill have an update....... :thumbup:

I have a build date of week 11 which is 15th March so looks like mid April for me! :thumbdown:

I too have been given a build week 11, dealer was quite positive that I would see the car pretty soon after that . For some reason the dealer keeps saying it has to be delivered by a certain so that the VAT free can still be applied but surely if they extended the deal then the delivery limited would have been extended as well?

mine told me that due to the car being bought through scrappage that it has to be delivered within 16 weeks of the order, so we'll see how it holds up.

Kai where in wales are you and which dealer did you use?

For some reason the dealer keeps saying it has to be delivered by a certain so that the VAT free can still be applied but surely if they extended the deal then the delivery limited would have been extended as well?

This has got to be scare mongering tactics to close the deal.

Once you have paid your deposit and have an order form/receipt, do you really expect to have to repay the discount (its a SKODA/dealer discount, not VAT free) if the delivery is late through no fault of your own ?

Let them try, "See you in court"

seen my dealer yesterday(13thfeb).also have week 10 build date. ordered 23rd jan. how long for delivery after build to dealer?

As long as it does get damaged in transit, it is about 3 weeks from build date to you collecting it from the dealer