PD or CR

How can I tell which model engine I have in my car? It is a 2010 2.0 TDI 4x4. Octavia Estate. Want to know if it is PD or CR.

It's a PD, only the vRS gets a 2 litre CR until later this year

The 1.6 diesel is CR

The 1.9 and the 140 2.0 are PD

The 170 2.0 could be PD or CR depending on when it was built

You have a PD engine. kerms is thinking of vRSs not 4x4s.

Many thanks to all who responded. What is it mean in reality? What are the good/bad points CR/PD?

I had a PD Passat for 10 years -wonderful car.Its still going strong. Also had Lupo PD for 7 years and thats still going well.

My wife has Golf 1.6CR-not impressed- wont pull the skin off a rice pudding.Needs to be wound up!

Edited by morganic

yep,,,looks like I was jumping the gun there mate !!!!!

I have had the PD in a fabia Vrs and now the 170PD in the Octy Vrs,,and I reckon its a cracking engine. I want a diesel to be a diesel, if I wanted a quiet engine id of got the petrol. The sudden burst of acceleration you get still after all this time puts a smile on my face every single time. Being able to sit in 6th at M6 speeds and just put your foot down and get a response without changing down is very reassuring.The CR has smoothed out the delivery and refined the diesel experience to try and be like a petrol, still a good engine but not my thing.

As for faults, could be better mpg, but if i didnt enjoy the shove so much id prob get better mpg so not a bad trade off !! And they could of put a chain belt on !!

Anyone know what other CRs are coming and when? What will be introduced in between the cr1.6 and the vrs CR diesel?

I guess the 1.9 tdi is now the 1.6 cr, what about the non vrs 2.0tdi?

Anyone know what other CRs are coming and when? What will be introduced in between the cr1.6 and the vrs CR diesel?

I guess the 1.9 tdi is now the 1.6 cr, what about the non vrs 2.0tdi?

VW Group have a 110 and 140 CR diesels (suspect it's the same engine with a different map) and I would expect one or both of these to be available in the Octavia later this year. I believe the Superb and the Yeti have the 140CR already...

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the new CR engines in the Octavia will be 8 valve jobs unlike the VRS or Yeti engines. True or not I dont know, if so should avoid the lack of initial torque low down you seem to get with the 16 valve engines. Better for towing anyway.