new flywheel

shyfly

just got the yeti back today after getting a new flywheewhenl,it seems to have stopped the cloncking noise when cold, the clutch feels lighter now, i was told that the new flywheel will also cure the stalling and judder when changing down gears,neither of which ive experienced yet since i got it back,thanks once again to the staff at davidian skoda :thumbup:

what was the actual problem with the previous one?

there was a cloncking noise coming from the enginebay, as if there was a loose engine cover,thiswould start about 3 or 4 mins after startup then would go after the engine warms up,but the yeti was prone to stalling when going through traffic or slowing down at junctions, you would feel a judder asyou slowdown in traffic

Glad to hear you've been reunited with your YETI, shyfly. Was it an upgraded flywheel that was fitted and do you know if it might effect other CR140 keepers?

i dont know at the moment wheather theflywheel isanupgraded one, becauseivenot spoken to thedealers yet, as they delivered theyeti back to my housewhilst i was at work,iwll see them tomorrow, i dont know if other yetis are affected,but i have read on here that other owners have experienced this noise from theengine bay before the cars warm up

Hi,

believe there are two different manufacturers supplying clutch assemblies for use with both the CBDB and CFHC 140 engines; Sachs and LuK. Not sure which is the most widely used or if both are still options in production to date.

Regards,

TP