Another Fabia II FL Elegance

Well after much debate and talking to a number of dealers I'm putting an order in for a Fabia TSI (85) hatch while these offers are still on the go. Looking at a factory order as there are one or two extras that I would like such as ESP. Still undecided if I should opt for curve projector lights or just the corner fog from the options.

Regards,

TP

edit typo

Edited by The Plumber

Nice one, you'll love the TSI engine. I haven't yet tried out the headlights yet. I'll do it tommorrow and let you know how they are, mine are just the standard fare.

Thanks,

not actually driven anything with a TSI engine, so should be interesting come delivery. would appreciate any feedback on the standard lights :thumbup:

Regards,

TP

TSI engine is very impressive, if a little flat up to 200rpm, but is very quiet and pulls like hell in the mid range..Just had 5 adults in my estate tonight and you really didnt notice any loss of power (105bhp) still plenty of acceleration up the many hills round where I live..As for the lights, I have the standard ones fitted and to be honest they didnt seem much difference to my previous Renault Modus certainly nothing out of the ordinary, although It was the first time I`ve been out in mine in the dark...

Anyway sure you`ll love it when it comes...

Thanks,

not actually driven anything with a TSI engine, so should be interesting come delivery. would appreciate any feedback on the standard lights :thumbup:

Regards,

TP

My headlights on my 1.2 elegance are standard but i did opt for the £85 washers for them to keep them clean. Very impressed so far, both dipped and full are easily as good as my old mk1 vrs and thats with standard bulbs. I want HID's but no point at the moment as the OEM are fine. Im gutted xenons were not an option though.

My headlights on my 1.2 elegance are standard but i did opt for the £85 washers for them to keep them clean. Very impressed so far, both dipped and full are easily as good as my old mk1 vrs and thats with standard bulbs.

That's good to hear, and that certainly means the headlights on the facelift model are a massive improvement on the pre-facelift.... My pre-FL Roomster's headlights are nowhere near as good as those on my mums Fabia MK1.

Congrats on your order TP; what spec and colour are you going for?

These FL models seem to be selling very well if this forum is anything to go by, especially the TSI models.

That's good to hear, and that certainly means the headlights on the facelift model are a massive improvement on the pre-facelift.... My pre-FL Roomster's headlights are nowhere near as good as those on my mums Fabia MK1.

Congrats on your order TP; what spec and colour are you going for?

These FL models seem to be selling very well if this forum is anything to go by, especially the TSI models.

Hi,

spec were looking at is as follows;

Fabia Elegance 1.2TSI (85) Hatchback

Pacific Blue (Yeti's Corrida & the wife's not keen on white)

Elba alloys (look easier to clean)

ESP Plus

MFSW for radio

Corner fog (found this useful on the Yeti, considering the curve projector lights as well but I think it might be just to much additional cost)

Spare wheel.

Regards,

TP

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted HID bulbs to my Passat, what a difference it made. The original H7 bulbs will go back into the Passat when it goes back to the Leasing company. I beleive the main beam bulbs on the new Fabia are H7s so guess what will go in there?

These HID/ zenon bulbs are available from China on eBay and I can recommend them :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

hi TP

my scout is also still at emden, dealer phoned somebody last week,and was told that theres a boat scheduled for tomorrow, lets hope both of them are going to be on it,fingers crossed,

regards,shyfly

Edited by shyfly

hi TP

my scout is also still at emden, dealer phoned somebody last week,and was told that theres a boat scheduled for tomorrow, lets hope both of them are going to be on it,fingers crossed,

regards,shyfly

Hi shyfly,

yes that would be good, let's hope :)

For Davy; yes will get some pic's up once she's home :)

Regards,

TP

I'm hoping ours will be on the same boat - dealer mentioned on Monday that ours is built and on the way to Emden so expect delivery in 10-14 days. I wonder if ours will be leaving Emden tomorrow then.......oh well, fingers crossed!

hi TP

regards,shyfly

Well being really sad just looked up the current positions of car carrying ships associated with Emden. The NECKAR HIGHWAY is currently at Grimsby, think she came in this morning from Emden (Looks like she's next off to Malmo, Sweden) and the ISAR HIGHWAY is at sea heading for Sheerness also from Emden.

Edit; just spotted a Weser Highway at Emden (from Halmstad, Sweaden) and she's next bound for Grimsby :) Now I must get my coat and stop being a closet ship spotter :rofl:

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Well being really sad just looked up the current positions of car carrying ships associated with Emden. The NECKAR HIGHWAY is currently at Grimsby, think she came in this morning from Emden (Looks like she's next off to Malmo, Sweden) and the ISAR HIGHWAY is at sea heading for Sheerness also from Emden.

Edit; just spotted a Weser Highway at Emden (from Halmstad, Sweaden) and she's next bound for Grimsby :) Now I must get my coat and stop being a closet ship spotter :rofl:

TP

hi TP,

been in touch with dealer,and was told that the scout arrived in grimsby yesterday,and should be in morecambe this week,hopefully on my drive next week, lets hope yours and a few others from this forum were also on board

regards,

shyfly

TP

hi TP,

been in touch with dealer,and was told that the scout arrived in grimsby yesterday,and should be in morecambe this week,hopefully on my drive next week, lets hope yours and a few others from this forum`s cars were also on board

regards,

shyfly

hi TP,

been in touch with dealer,and was told that the scout arrived in grimsby yesterday,and should be in morecambe this week,hopefully on my drive next week, lets hope yours and a few others from this forum were also on board

regards,

shyfly

Hi shyfly,

great news :) not heard from my dealer, although the salesman dealing with my order last I knew was on sick leave. Will have to chase them up if I hear nothing over the next day or two.

Edit: came in on the Weser Highway then; now at sea heading to CUXHAVEN.

Regards,

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Just spoken to the dealer today; our Fabia TSI is now built and catching the sea air in Emden waiting for passage to Grimsby :happy:

Fingers X for a mid Sept delivery :)

TP

Hi Guys, great forum! Still waiting for my TSI DSG Elegance ordered 20/06/10, originaly quoted 12 weeks delivery but my build date has altered 4 times, much to the amusement of the Skoda saleman. Originaly planned for Wk 35, went to 34, then 36, 37 now 38 this weekend. Is this normal? Extras are heated seats, rear electric windows and space saver spare, and Elba wheels, colour Aqua Blue. He's told me to phone in 3 weeks but I expect to be told Wk 41? Once its built how long does it take to get to the dealer? Thanks in advance. Pete

Hi Guys, great forum! Still waiting for my TSI DSG Elegance ordered 20/06/10, originaly quoted 12 weeks delivery but my build date has altered 4 times, much to the amusement of the Skoda saleman. Originaly planned for Wk 35, went to 34, then 36, 37 now 38 this weekend. Is this normal? Extras are heated seats, rear electric windows and space saver spare, and Elba wheels, colour Aqua Blue. He's told me to phone in 3 weeks but I expect to be told Wk 41? Once its built how long does it take to get to the dealer? Thanks in advance. Pete

Hi Pete,

welcome to the forum; not uncommon for delivery to yo-yo. Normally comes forward if anything but sometimes you can end up with your situation particularly as I understand demand for the DSG box is currently outstripping supply :(

Nice spec you have there by the way, hope you get conformation of build soon :yes:

Regards,

TP

well the dealer got that wrong then, the new Fab is now sat waiting for PDI in their compound :) Be ready for collection on Thursday :party:

Still in her white transport film but here's a couple of early shots of an Elegance hatch with Elba alloys in Pacific Blue paint B)

4956390177_0d62d66f3b_z.jpg

4956389613_e23671e17d_z.jpg

TP

well the dealer got that wrong then, the new Fab is now sat waiting for PDI in their compound :) Be ready for collection on Thursday :party:

Still in her white transport film but here's a couple of early shots of an Elegance hatch with Elba alloys in Pacific Blue paint B)

4956390177_0d62d66f3b_z.jpg

4956389613_e23671e17d_z.jpg

TP

Your car looks very nice - like the Pacific Blue. I see you opted for Elba alloys as we did too for my wife's 1.6 CR Tdi (105) Elegance hatch.

Our new car seems well put together although I tend to agree with those others who have made reference to the 'flimsy' plastic interior door handles...!!!

Time will tell if they are durable or not but that aside - we are enjoying our new car.Only possible accessory I'll get is sill protectors as I've caught my foot a couple of times already.

Ours is Brunello Rosso with only a spare wheel and under seat storage boxes as opyions.

Not surprised to find the car doesn't have ASR - power output doesn't merit it. Torque delivery certainly not as 'brutal' as our Mk.1 vRS.

As I've said elsewhere altogether a more 'grown up' car compared to the vRS

Do enjoy your new car when you take delivery of it next week.

Alan