my car so far

Ive now owned my fabia for about 8 months and in that time ive started to make it more my own with my touches maybe not everyones taste but im no sheep so the list in order they have been done

1) Strut Brace (well worth the money for the improvements)

2) Front Splitter (cheap and easy mod that IMO finishes the front end off)

3) Stage 1 remap by Celtic Tuneing with PD160 intake and panel filter (RR @ 178 bhp - 285 ft-lb :thumbup: )

4) Carbon Wrapped mirrors and front grill and vRS suntrip (all done by my mate nigel)

5) Plasma Boost gauge (avg peak boost 26psi but on cold mornings it does go as high as 28psi :D )

6) Shark fin fitted

7) Eibach Pro Kit lowering it 25mm alround (what a difference a much better ride over standerd and it now corners like it should fitted by my mate who used to work for a tuneing company and is now setting up on his own so is doing odd jobs like this for people)

next to do is the alloys i have booked a week off so i will be refurbing these my self i will be doing a different colour not sure what yet but suggestions welcome. Then it will be the bigger TT brakes possible at the same time and an intercooler will have to see if money allows.

below are a few pics coments welcome

100_3667.jpg

100_3666.jpg

100_3668.jpg

100_3669.jpg

100_3670.jpg

100_3672.jpg

100_3673.jpg

T0H_4332_HR.jpg

100_3665.jpg

I looked at the first picture and I thought, "subtle". I like the sunstrip. I'd like one like that that says 'quattro' for my TT actually. I kept looking and I kept thinking "Nice". Until I got to the picture of the shark-fin and that's REALLY not my taste at all. There are shark-fins and shark-fins and that's not the one I'd have bought. It's your car though. I think you'd spoiled it with the shark-fin, but otherwise I think that's a darned nice vRS.

Edited by wja96

I looked at the first picture and I thought, "subtle". I like the sunstrip. I'd like one like that that says 'quattro' for my TT actually. I kept looking and I kept thinking "Nice". Until I got to the picture of the shark-fin and that's REALLY not my taste at all. There are shark-fins and shark-fins and that's not the one I'd have bought. It's your car though. I think you'd spoiled it with the shark-fin, but otherwise I think that's a darned nice vRS.

thankyou im not 100% happy with the sharkfin havent decided what to do yet with it just hated the massive thing that was on it :wonder:

on a lighter note my mate made the sunstrip for me he has the cutting plotter thing and software has said before he can make design and sunstrips or graphics people want

Edited by Si Vxr

yes it is mate its not smooth like you would expect its rough to give it a more carbon fibre look if you know what i mean the grill was fairly easy to do but the mirrors lets just say the air was blue for hours while he was doing it

the painted cover comes off but you need to pop the mirror out and there where a few screws to remove but then just pops off mine was done with 1 sheet per mirror so there was no joins good look mate

Looking good.. not a fan of the VRS Strip but I respect your taste :thumbup:

How is easy is it fit the front splitter and how much are they if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks

P.S Try removing the number plate in the pics, not a wise idea people can do a lot with a registration plate

Edited by REDFABVRS

how easy is the gauge to fit?

hardest part is finding some where to route the wires through to the engine bay found a gromet behind the glove box but then its getting it from drivers side to passengers side behind the dash took me about 3 hours hardest part is working out how the dash comes out with out breaking any thing but we did it so as long as your handy its not that hard

But the really important question is...

How was The Ring ? B)

very very hot but loved it the brakes held up well even in the std form, the engine backed off power at the same point every lap as it got very hot but returned after a few long straghts the handeling was my main concern i didnt feel i could chuck it into corners as fast as i wanted hence the new springs that ive just put on but it did very well did a 10min 44sec with 2 accidents and alot of traffic my prev trip i did 11min in a meriva vxr 201bhp 234ft-lb and that time i didnt have to slow for accidents.

total cost of fuel 2 tanks of V-Power £125 1340miles :rofl:

28 psi?

you sure?

pretty sure im running 1.9 bar at over 200bhp which is around 28psi??

thats what the gauge says not all the time as i said on a cold mornings it has done it i had the same thing on the meriva avg peak on that was 22psi but on a cold morning it would boost to 26psi colder denser air?

Love it mate, really nicely done. Not liking the shark fin. Although I do like the BMW style ones.

Quick thought, anybody ever carbon wrapped the LCR splitter?

Haha, every time I type splitter, my iPhone wants me to put splurged. God bless apple.

Love it mate, really nicely done. Not liking the shark fin. Although I do like the BMW style ones.

Quick thought, anybody ever carbon wrapped the LCR splitter?

Haha, every time I type splitter, my iPhone wants me to put splurged. God bless apple.

already working that one out its just that i would need alot of it :S