Very happy with new insurance quote!

All mods declared see sig for spec £550 from some company called brokers or somthing like that moneysupermarket.com is where i found them. Screw some of the company's on this site charging through the roof!

The only thing about insurance is you never know how good it is until you have to use it. Hiscox pay out very readily, but they're expensive. Or are they?

I'm paying £950 for my VRS all mods declared, mrs on it (Brought it down even though she hasn't been driving a year!) I'm 25 (24 when i took it out and it was cheaper at 24 than at 25!) Kids are on the policy and it's insured to my Fiancee's in Dunfermline as it was £400 cheaper than at my house!

But i've got a CD30 4 months disqualification and an SP30 3 points and £60 fine. 5 years NCB protected and breakdown through another company as my insurers don't do the personal cover that i have driving for 6 years

All in all i aint happy but have to pay it as it was the cheapest quote i got. Every comparison site were all £1400 minimum! I can now insure alot better and faster cars and imports cheaper than my Fabia!

My current quote was £950.. NO MODS, NO POINTS, 4yr NCB???

Last year it was £500.. That £950 is confused.com's cheapest which is where I found the £500 2 years ago :( Not a happy bunny. Hopefully by September it'll have returned to normal.

EDIT: The OP's onto something with Moneysupermarket.com.. they came in at £806. Still well over what I'm hoping to pay come the end of September. but a move in the right direction in less then 24 hours.

Edited by Rob.

I pay £1900 on a 1.4 mpi. No no claims, I'm 19, male and had a crash 18 months ago in the ice. Driving 2 years now. God bless inexperience. And the ****tish boy racers who've helped bring every young persons price up. :(

Don't have my vRS anymore, but got a quote through the mail off the AA a couple months back at £450, 24, 5yrs NCB (Driving since i was 19).

Of course that was just a quote, could've got it cheaper looking around, currently paying £750/year on my Integra Type R with Churchill :-)

Turning 30, just like 21 and 25 makes next to no difference to insurance!

just a myth then? id always assumed the older you get the more expierenced/mature the driver must be therefore making some difference to the premium ... obviously not ...emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Think yourselves lucky.,

I'm 19, 2years NCB, no crashes or points, insured at a good postcode, mum and dad are on the policy - and it's still £1500 lol.

Think yourselves lucky.,

I'm 19, 2years NCB, no crashes or points, insured at a good postcode, mum and dad are on the policy - and it's still £1500 lol.

**** me! i wouldnt pay that for any car no matter what it was emoticon-0136-giggle.gif