Prague/Skoda Museum Car pics

Dmac1969

That looks to be an impressive place, thanks for sharing your photos with us.

436.jpg

Later model Favorit Combi.

That's curious, not because of the headlamps, but the engine. That looks to be a 1600 petrol to me which was not fitted to the Favorit.

That looks to be an impressive place, thanks for sharing your photos with us.

That's curious, not because of the headlamps, but the engine. That looks to be a 1600 petrol to me which was not fitted to the Favorit.

The guide said it was a very late model run out edition , maybe the engine options were ditterent in Europe?

Brilliant photos, thanks for sharing them. Youre right, Cesky Krumlov is amazing and very beautiful.

It certainly is , I got burned to a crisp there last saturday , it was 32C!

Great photos , they have really improved it recently. Back in 1992 when I first went it was little more than a small hall with 2 rows of cars in straight lines. The guides were all retired workers from the factory and they were more interested in our right hand drive estelle than the vintage models inside :giggle:

Great photos , they have really improved it recently. Back in 1992 when I first went it was little more than a small hall with 2 rows of cars in straight lines. The guides were all retired workers from the factory and they were more interested in our right hand drive estelle than the vintage models inside :giggle:

The guides now are young pretty girls who come across very intellegent and knowledgeable - and yes it really is an impressive place to visit. Its just a shame you cant take pics in the factory as whatching the Octavias trundle along the line fascinated me!

The guides now are young pretty girls who come across very intellegent and knowledgeable -

ah now THAT sounds like a great upgrade. Shame though the old boys were fascinating to speak to - well it a was entertaining having a conversation in pigeon Czech mixed with schoolboy German :rofl:

ah now THAT sounds like a great upgrade. Shame though the old boys were fascinating to speak to - well it a was entertaining having a conversation in pigeon Czech mixed with schoolboy German :rofl:

Lol well now they have guides that speak English , German , and of course they will all speak Czech - if you go on the coach trip from Prague they split you up into the language groups and you go around with your respective guide (including to the engine ,gearbox and either Fabia or Octavia shops in the factory) then meet up afterwards outside the Autosalon which is basically a dealership without the salesmen and prices on display!