Fabia VRS SE limeted edition

I have a Fabia VRS Limited edition

the picture below shows the car when I bought it a couple of months ago.

http://stevefarrimond.yolasite.com/resources/IMG_0598.JPG.opt802x534o0,0s802x534.JPG

the first modification was the cupra R front splitter as i thought this was a must on this car.

I decided that t the suspension on the car was to soft so I replaced it with a full coil over set from AP and a rear anti-rollbar. this stiffened the car up considerably during fast cornering and generally made the car feel more stable, aswell as this the car still remains a nice comfy ride.

the car now rides 45mm lower and is a dream to drive, and handles like its on rails.

http://stevefarrimond.yolasite.com/resources/IMG_0028.JPG.opt850x637o0,0s850x637.JPG

Edited by Fabia_VRS_988

Links aren't working for me either - try:

http://stevefarrimond.yolasite.com/resources/IMG_0598.JPG

and

http://stevefarrimond.yolasite.com/resources/IMG_0028.JPG

Difficult to compare those two shots since they're taken from different angles.

Re your comment about the car being soft. I was surprised switching from a 2004 vRS to a 2007 vRS how much different the ride was. The old car was very rough over every bump - the new one's much better. Did they significantly alter the suspension during this period - I ask since I want to fit tyres as I had before and if they were responsible for the harsh ride I won't...

You cant mod a SE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just plain wrong :( Keep it mint and concours it

You cant mod a SE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just plain wrong :( Keep it mint and concours it

Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

Thats my way of thinking too , but then I am getting old :giggle:

I agree also

Lewwy

Guest BigJase88

At 45mm drop I hope you fitted shorter drop links, or the ARB is going to scrub on the drive shafts. Also check your CV joint angles.

depends on what kit you get

iirc

ap weitec and kw use oem sized droplinks?

vmaxx and others use shortened links?

Thanks for re-addressing the links to the photo's. they were taken weeks apart will try and get a picture from the same angle as the origional for a comparison.

I have kept the origional suspension to the car. I haven't changed the drop links as they don't rub at all. all though I was fully prepared to. and the drive shafts are almost completely straight so that shouldn't be an issue.

the car isn't gonna be modified in any other way than this, the splitter could be removed if need and the same for the suspension.

Steve.

sorry guys,

I have modified my SE and love it, but you would not really tell the diference from the outside unless you know what you are looking for.

external looks are the same.

I had very little choice in 1 of the mods as the turbo Blew, so went with a few others too. SE or not I would still have Modded it. Have no intension of selling and also have all the original parts in the garage if i did decide to sell. advantage being I can sell it all with original parts too nothing replaced. just thing a 10 year old car with 100,000 miles on clock with original brake discs and pads. he he he

As for original point of this thread, 45mm drop is not much really. but do look at links as certainly don't want any rubbing/knocking on the drive shaft.

cheers,

Enjoy,

Guest BigJase88

tbh there's noubt really limited about it

bit of leather here splash of blue paint there

there more common than my yellow vrs :giggle: