Barkers Of Gilbey Rd Grimsby

maria

Is that true!!! I got mine from there. Did you buy the Black one? My wife took it for a test drive but thought it was a bit expensive for a used one as it didn't appear to be mint for the mileage.

Oops yes i see it was a black one... :o Was it the one that was supposed to have been owned by a 80 year old? What did you find wrong with it? I bet my missus will be pleased she didn't buy it.

Maria you have posted this factually incorrect info twice. SkodaUK list Barkers as a main dealer. Other members have and continue to use them. Please check your statements and amend accordingly.

Maria is correct in as much as they are not approved Used vehicle dealers, and hers (as mine was) is used. I would like to know the reasons for them not repairing hers.

as we dont even know the faults how can we comment? if they are wear and tear items - clutch brakes tyres... they might not be warrantied.

With regard to "approved" used and main dealer approved to sell new vehicles and service them is also approved to sell used ones. It would be anti competitive and plain stupid if it were not.. I understand Skoda uk's web site doesnt list them as being approved used but suspect this is an error as their other site is approved?

I merely want maria to substantiate her claims..

as we dont even know the faults how can we comment? if they are wear and tear items - clutch brakes tyres... they might not be warrantied.

With regard to "approved" used and main dealer approved to sell new vehicles and service them is also approved to sell used ones. It would be anti competitive and plain stupid if it were not.. I understand Skoda uk's web site doesnt list them as being approved used but suspect this is an error as their other site is approved?

I merely want maria to substantiate her claims..

Yes i know what you are saying, it could well be an error, i doubt the items are wear and tear because "if" it is the same one my wife test drove it only has about 1600 miles on, and apparantly belonged to an 80 year old!! I guess the clutch could be shot then ;)

Interesting. SkodaUK's FAQs confirm that the Manufacturer's Warranty remains with the vehicle and can be transferred. This can be done by completing a warranty transfer card, which is included in the vehicle document wallet. If this is missing one can be obtained from

Maria you have posted this factually incorrect info twice. SkodaUK list Barkers as a main dealer. Other members have and continue to use them. Please check your statements and amend accordingly.

My post is not factually incorrect ...........

As I stated earlier SKODA UK informed me that Barkers are not an Approved SKODA USED DEALER and do not comply with their terms and conditions...The SALES MANAGER at Barkers also told me this as well and that is why I am not happy with the way they treated myself and my partner ,and as I stated they have refused to sort out the problems I have with the car which I will not disclose on this forum as I intend to legally challenge the dealer as they Mislead people by advertising as AN APPROVED USED DEALER on Skoda Uk website when this is untrue........ So I am not changing anything or amending anything I have said ...

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SPEAK TO MR SMART AT SKODA UK CUSTOMER SERVICES WHO I SPOKE TO WHO INFORMED ABOUT BARKERS POSITION REF TERMS AND CONDITIONS..THEN FEEL FREE TO CALL ME A LIER!!!!!

FFELAN HAVE YOU ACTUALLY USED BARKERS YOURSELF?

I saved for a long time to buy this car and looked around for a year before I bought it so have every right to be dissapointed in Barkers as a dealership also other people on the forums are complaining about them please look for yourself.....

: So I am not changing anything or amending anything I have said ... :mad::mad:

PAUL

are you saying SKODA UK and BARKERS SALES MANAGER "JON"...........dont know what they are quoting me?

As I said contact them yourself if you need to clarify this.

ANOTHER PERSON COMPLAINED ON HERE SAYING BARKERS DONT EVEN KNOW THE CORRECT OIL TO USE IN A FABIA vRS and they are spposed to be skoda experts!!!!

I WONT BE GOING THERE AGAIN THATS FOR SURE!!!!!!!

I would be interested to know what T & C they do not operate under when they are actually authorised repairers. It seems strange that they can sell used Skodas and be authorised to repair them (under warranty?? ) but don't oprate under Skoda's T & C. It is a very interesting point you have raised Maria. Hope you can get sorted out.

As i say i have had good service from them myself but i suppose it would depend on what your problems are. It would be intersting to know what they were after you get it sorted out.

But Maria was unaware that the info she had been givin was factually incorrect.

She posted what she had been told, and then was told to ammend her statement accordingly.

As I say I am not defending anyone but how could you possibly ammend a statement when the info you had written was what you was led to believe.

Fasterbaby / Walkie,

how come she edited both her identical posts then? they originally did not include the word used - they now do. Stating that a dealer listed by skoda uk was not actually a dealer was factually incorrect. Stating they are not listed as being part of the approved used scheme (at that particular site.) is the official skoda line. Thus i have not requested is be changed again.

frankly im not really able to advise on whats up with her car if she cant be bothered to post it up on here... this would make things easier for all then we could give proper advice to her rather than just trying to annoy a dealer.

I want to help maria solve her problems but without a full story what can any of us do?

Fasterbaby / Walkie' date='

but without a full story what can any of us do?[/quote']

True. I guess if she is going through legal channels to resolve this she doesn't want to put it on here, it has however highlighted something that i was unaware of regarding Authorised Used dealers. Though what this equates to in the real world i haven't a clue.