1. 1. Do you like badging?

• Yer cool!
    • Prefer just the 2.0L
    • Prefer just the TSi
    • Get rid of them!!!
  2. 2. Do you like the carbon wrapping?

• Yer cool!
    • Nar, not for me

It also seems to be adopting the Russel Brand look by wearing a touch of eye liner

Ah, now there's a story to that. It's actually black tape. The guy claimed it was for safety :wonder: - he said he thought the headlights had some sharp edges / corners which his young daughter could hurt herself on. Go figure! :giggle:

I swear I'm not making this up. He said this at the Gaydon mega meet last year.

Ah, now there's a story to that. It's actually black tape. The guy claimed it was for safety :wonder: - he said he thought the headlights had some sharp edges / corners which his young daughter could hurt herself on. Go figure! :giggle:

I believe you, you just can't make that kinda stuff up can you emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

If asked to guess, I would have put it down as a 'styling mod' and would never have guessed it was black 'safety' tape.

I am not 100% sold on the wind deflectors either, they remind me of a mini cab emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

Sorry, lose the additional badges!

vRS is all that is needed on the rear.

How to spoil a great car!

Each to their own though, I suppose.

Seconded. I asked the same question and got the same answer! :giggle:

Seconded. I asked the same question and got the same answer! :giggle:

:giggle: - and were you too thinking to yourself when he said it, "errrrrrrr, there must be about a million more obvious ways to hurt yourself on a car than the edge of the headlight"? :rofl:

Thanks for corroborating my story :thumbup:

Sorry, extra badges (clearly borrowed from a golf) are not a good look IMHO.

Carbon I also said "no" to.. if the whole car interior was in that finish then maybe, but a mix of brushed steel and carbon looks like you've only done half a job.

But hey, its your car - do what you want. :thumbup:

:giggle: - and were you too thinking to yourself when he said it, "errrrrrrr, there must be about a million more obvious ways to hurt yourself on a car than the edge of the headlight"? :rofl:

Thanks for corroborating my story :thumbup:

I think I just politely said, 'ah right OK then!' and beat a hasty retreat to find some sane people! :rofl:

I have alwyas thought that adding any badges to a car is a bad idea, in fact why do we have to have badges at all, I took all mine off before the engine was cold on the run back from the dealer. Badges are just for people to ascertain the car hierachy.

It's a good question. I wonder where the whole badging thing originally started. It's not like you do the same on other things is it - like pieces of furniture exhibiting its maker and model?! :smirk:

I'm of the same opinion really and more often than not remove most of the badging, leaving just the manufacturer roundels.

Steve

It's a good question. I wonder where the whole badging thing originally started. It's not like you do the same on other things is it - like pieces of furniture exhibiting its maker and model?! :smirk:

I'm of the same opinion really and more often than not remove most of the badging, leaving just the manufacturer roundels.

Steve

The best ones are the Merc ML badges that come as standard I think I saw the follwoing the other day ML 320 CDI 4MATIC who cares what gearbox the car has for gods sake?

The best ones are the Merc ML badges that come as standard I think I saw the follwoing the other day ML 320 CDI 4MATIC who cares what gearbox the car has for gods sake?

It means it's 4wd

Yes, indeed. Same issue as mentioning '5 speed' on the back though. Why's it necessary for other people to know how many wheels the car can drive?

The one I like is on older Daewoos and the like, where it lists 'ABS' and 'Airbag' at the bottom of the rear window! Impressive.... :rofl:

Well my dad got himself a 4x4 badge (VW I think) for his scout.... :( this is the same man that put a sheet of A4 in his back window when it was snowing saying summat about being a 4x4....

:( Thankfully I don't live there any more.